Poll: whats you next phone after the n900
Poll Options
whats you next phone after the n900

Haven't settled on an upgrade this time around. Sticking with the N900 on a vastly reduced tariff (£10.50pm as opposed to £40.00pm).
I'll put the money I save towards a much needed upgrade for my PC instead and get a replacement digitizer for the N900.

I know the N900 is bulky but I'd rather have a device that I can touch all four corners of the screen with my thumb while holding it in the same hand.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Nokia N9 would be OK... even with outdated 1GHz single core CPU... but it is not sold in US.

So - anything with 1.2GHz-1.5GHz dual core Android which works on T-Mobile.

The Following User Says Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
I was about to vote before I noticed in small words: Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

I'm personally stuck in between half way road here. The N9 and N950 looks tempting even if I still have my other N900.

What really annoys me with N9 is that I cannot pair with bluetooth keyboard according to rumours. Even worse is that N9 doesn't have host mode capability enabled by default let alone keyboard mapping support. So even if host mode can be enabled after one gets around all this stupid aegis crap there's still no support for attached USB keyboard. Other than that N9 lacks hardware keyboard which has been my main concern for at least 75% of the time. I'm not a fan of attaching extra keyboard by other means and ultimately something like N900/N950 with the hardware keyboard built-in is something that I would love.

I still love N950 even though I don't have one. I have contemplated of somehow sourcing one whenever I hear N9's woes. Apart from N950 (which is literally impossible to obtain a genuine one in the first place by other means) I'm constantly thinking of whether should I fork out money for N9 or not.

As for the rest of the choices, I am in no rush to buy an android powered devices as I may decide to hold out with my N900(s) or may buy N9/N950 and holding out any further purchases. android is my second choice in line apart from the dying maemo/meego platform.

I have no interest with WP7/Mango/WP(whatever) devices as I'm through with using windows on a phone. Not that I've used one before but its not at the same time will I ever want to use one. My experience with windows on a normal computer has been nothing but absurd and I wouldn't want to deal with it coming from a device that has to deal with my busy life and being reliable. Furthermore I always abhor the idea of using windows logo on the front of the device and as a button. Apple's iphone has its logo in the rear and its non functional yet microsoft wants to make a big statement that whatever you're holding in your hands is a windows phone with that logo which seconds as a button.

I have also noticed symbian platforms are part of the options and again I've had my share of symbian. I would never want to deal with that dreaded platform with security measures that inspired aegis platform for maemo/meego. Neither with its feeble features that lacks scripting in more ways than one and the locked bootloader would really interest me in purchasing any one of symbian powered devices any more.

I have toyed a bit of iphones (not that I actually did own one), they are quite attractive inside out in some respects but I cannot stand the walled garden approach neither could I stand the various ways apple tries to clamp down on trivial things as sharing things that actually belong to you. For instance, taking a photo and sharing it via bluetooth isn't possible without jailbreaking iphone.

At least for now I may continue to hold back a little longer until I see interesting things. Maybe maltemi will come true and will have the features that I've seen in N900 is made available again. Maybe tizen will please me instead or maybe there's some other platform that will please me. Again only time will tell whether or not will such vapourware (maltemi and tizen) be materialised and in the manner that I can accept it.

I noticed Sony being listed as potential candidates. Let me remind you that I'll never want to buy a sory branded device. Its epic DRM measures has forever scarred me since minidisc days and I have now blacklisted any sory devices capable of storing and/or recording data. sory can rot in hell for all I care because they deserved to be.

The Following User Says Thank You to tuxsavvy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
A hardware keyboard is quite useless in MeeGo-Harmattan. There are very few keyboard shortcuts and many of the applications are locked to portrait. Even vi is easier to use with the VKB, due to the way the terminal behaves when the HWKB is open. If you want Harmattan, you may as well just get an N9 and stop worrying about the lack of HWKB. The N950 seems to have acquired some kind of mythical status solely because it is not widely accesible. The only reason I would take the N950 over the N9 is because of the metal construction. Nokia can call it polycarbonate all they want. I call it plastic.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
nokia should get back to their senses, and get us a dual core meego device ....

i love my N900 but in future my next phone N950 coz of its Hardware Keyboard.....

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
should put motorala droid 3 / 4 on that list.
My gf is getting one

The Following User Says Thank You to bingomion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
my next phone is not on the list

if i have to choose my next phone then it will be Dell Streak or the latest HTC Rezound

The Following User Says Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
anyone knows how can i change the poll setting so i can add the motorala droid 3 or the dell streak ???

Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Thinking of a N810 for school because they dont allow phones to be on, Can it run symfonie?