Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Today I tried to access a download from sourceforge.net from my n900 using the standard browser. I was quite surprised when I got this page with no links on the left (a screenshot is already taken and will be added later if I get it managed from n900). Some of the cell borders are displayed but not all of them (only speaking about the very left column where the links should be). Using Firefox on my desktop shows this page just normal and the size of the site also is just the same (2kb).

Now I'm wondering why browser won't display all the links on the left. I know, it's a pretty ugly table, but that couldn't be the reason, or is it? There are no css-errors and the table itself is quite straightforward, no nested tables or fancy declarations.

Might be, it's related to adblock? It's installed but seems not to work, maybe it just blocks out the links?

edit: attached screenshot
Attached Images

Last edited by x-lette; 2010-03-01 at 13:23.

I had a similar issue on a different site with adblock-css. The original adblock is working fine for me with that page.

The Following User Says Thank You to mike2k4 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mike2k4 View Post
I had a similar issue on a different site with adblock-css. The original adblock is working fine for me with that page.
Mmmm right, this one is installed too. But I remember there were sayings that adblock wouldn't work correctly while adblock-css would. I'll repeat the access with adblock and adblock-css deinstalled.

Oh, and I just forgot to mention: the "new thread" at t.m.o also doesn't show up. So I had to start the post from desktop and afterwards edit it with n900.

After uninstalling both adblock-variants the site worked and microB showed up all links. I now reinstalled Adblock Plus and it still seems to work but I'm not sure wether ABP is completely installd and working. Will test again after one or two more reboots.