Active Topics

Poll: What color & model is your N9?
Poll Options
What color & model is your N9?

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
...oooor they work at Nokia.
Careful there, given the general desirability of the glossy-white unicorn, somebody might cap you for it

Originally Posted by dolphins View Post

And if one wants to think in terms of pink is for women, obviously that's also not true as I bet you've encountered lots of women who don't like pink at all. I could imagine some celebrity buying it, hardly anyone else though.
Magenta or red as it's generally called, is a lucky colour among the chinese community. Look up Chinese New Year, everything in red, for good luck. The pink of the N9 is actually a nice looking shade of red. I dont think Nokia made a mistake, the red is meant for Asia region

Is it not interesting that no votes from China in the country thread? I reckon they are in the chinese language forums

White isnt a popular colour over here, associated with mourning or death- no offense to those who want the white, white is more preferred in Western countries. Or even just plain practical, white easy to get stains.

Last edited by eaglehelang; 2011-11-18 at 15:04.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Originally Posted by ZackMorris View Post
Lol, a lil off topic but I came to Tysons Corner Mall to get my sim cut at a kiosk a friend owns, but I walk by the grand opening of a Microsoft retail store and there is a line to get in. They have some Lumia 800s I think on display or demo. I'm so gonna go in there and breakout my brand new n9 to see the reactions I get. Will update once I get kicked out.
Ok so I went to the Microsoft retail store grand opening, one cool thing was I got to meet Cal Ripken (legendary baseball player here in the states). So after that I go over to the Windows Phone section. They didn't have any Nokia phones, I start talking to the rep there and he starts going on and on about the Samsung Focus S, how amazing it is, how light it is on and on. The whole time I'm holding my n9 in my hand, after his pitch he glances down and is like omg is that the Lumia. I was like nope the n9 running harmattan/meego. He stutters a bit and asks to look at it. He starts playing around with it, and I can see he's totally into it. Then he says I can totally see the potential Nokia and Windows have. The dude has already drank the WP7 kool-aid so of course I don't expect him to jump ship, but the look on his face when he was playing with the hardware and figuring out the swiping on the software side said it all. All in all a fun visit.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZackMorris For This Useful Post: