Notices

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
You could probably get rid of 'test server'.
Yes. Removing testserver is completely safe. It will only be used when Maemo starts in TEST mode, which getbootstate decides if the BSI value returned by the battery is within a specific range, which never happens (or should happen) with a normal battery.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
No! that's not it. It is the splash screen (with sound) you see when shutting down the N900. I would NOT remove it until it's understood what exactly it does (as side effects).

For disabling the screenshots (which I also dislike), just chmod a-w /home/user/.cache/launch and delete all files in that folder. From that point on, no new screenshots will be saved there.
HOLY **** reinob. This is great.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Yes, read that some weeks earlier and chmodded launch folder. Since then no dumb old screenshots during loading, just black screen. But it is not a second faster.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
For disabling the screenshots (which I also dislike), just chmod a-w /home/user/.cache/launch and delete all files in that folder. From that point on, no new screenshots will be saved there.
Better delete first and chmod after that.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to foobar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Yes, read that some weeks earlier and chmodded launch folder. Since then no dumb old screenshots during loading, just black screen. But it is not a second faster.
You are correct, it is not any faster. It does stop the annoying effect of pressing the screen too early and displaying a compressed image that is usually wrong.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Thanks a lot for this!

Yes. Removing testserver is completely safe. It will only be used when Maemo starts in TEST mode, which getbootstate decides if the BSI value returned by the battery is within a specific range, which never happens (or should happen) with a normal battery.
I wonder, what does "testserver" do, *if* device is run in TEST mode? Provides some useful debug info, or what?

Originally Posted by seanmcken View Post
guys any possibilities of faster booting process of nokia n900? like eg without boot video. or some patches that could make faster booting. i mean the process of booting is veryy veryy slow plz give any solutions.

im using kp50 950 overclocked
cssu t
N900's boot process is slow ? You didn't see N9 wich is twice slower .

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dragoss91 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Siren View Post
I wonder, what does "testserver" do, *if* device is run in TEST mode? Provides some useful debug info, or what?
Wait until I post the complete boot process of the N900

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
I typed but it says password: what to write here???

X terminal it says password: what to write here???