Posts: 36 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
A new feature in Tweakr allows you to extend the sound Profiles to more than just General and Silent.

Tweakr introduces the concept of Profile preset. Presets are Profile settings which can be saved, deleted and assigned to the General profile. This allows you to practically use as many profiles as you want on the N900.

The normal use-case is to first tune the General profile for the new preset you want to save, then open Tweakr and choose the Save current General profile to new preset button. This will allow you to save the settings of the General profile with a new name.

After that, you will find a new button in your Status Menu, as shown in the following screenshot:

You can now select whatever preset you have created before, and its settings will be applied to the General profile.

If you're not using Tweakr yet, go get it from its download page!

The Following 55 Users Say Thank You to siovene For This Useful Post:
I like it!

Is it in the Repos?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to That One Guy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
I like it!

Is it in the Repos?
Thanks. Not yet, I submitted it to extras-devl today but it didn't build because of some problems with the builder (from what I can tell from the log). Hopefully it's reprocessed soon and will be available.

Looks nice, would it be possible to set timed profiiles like silent exp. 06.30 etc.
Also integrate network connections like roaming whre you can set all 3G connections to manual?

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
Sounds promising. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Random View Post
Looks nice, would it be possible to set timed profiiles like silent exp. 06.30 etc.
I'll have a look at that, sounds like a good idea.

Also integrate network connections like roaming whre you can set all 3G connections to manual?
Network connection presets? Can you elaborate?

2nd that!

All I want for xmas is for my n900 to go to vibe after work, and back on again in the morning

Tapping twice is just... killing... meeee

Originally Posted by siovene View Post
I'll have a look at that, sounds like a good idea.

Network connection presets? Can you elaborate?
Alter all connections to manual etc. while roaming, you see some places regardless your unlimited dataplan in home networks international roaming they charge upt $10 per MB of data transfer.

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
There's a similar functionality already built-in Maemo 5. Whenever you roam for the first time, you'll be asked whether or not you want to enable automatic data roaming. If you decline, the phone will never establish a 3G connection while roaming unless you've explicitly requested it.

To the OP: Tweakr looks nice in the screenshots. Will try now, cheers.

Random, as mehdiE says, you can already disable automatic connections. Just go to Settings -> Internet Connection -> Connect automatically and choose "Always ask".