Notices

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
Is it possible to get the reswitched fusee-gelee launcher running on Sailfish OS?

https://github.com/reswitched/fusee-launcher

I copied the files to my device and assigned the permissions to fusee-launcher.py with chmod + x.

However, I get the following error message:

There is also an Android app, but unfortunately it does not send any files to the switch. As if SF can not establish the communication with the switch.

https://github.com/DavidBuchanan314/NXLoader

Would be grateful for a few tips.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
The script fusee-launcher.py imports usb module. Seems this is not there by default so you need to install it first.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 843 times | Joined on Jul 2015 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by cvp View Post
Is it possible to get the reswitched fusee-gelee launcher running on Sailfish OS?

https://github.com/reswitched/fusee-launcher

I copied the files to my device and assigned the permissions to fusee-launcher.py with chmod + x.

However, I get the following error message:
https://www2.pic-upload.de/img/35528...4_16-02-08.jpg

There is also an Android app, but unfortunately it does not send any files to the switch. As if SF can not establish the communication with the switch.

https://github.com/DavidBuchanan314/NXLoader

Would be grateful for a few tips.
I got it to start with libusb from pip (and the repos).

However without the ehci-patch it won't work because the usb-device can't send the payload

The Following User Says Thank You to jakibaki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Is there any Tegra devices running sfos?

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Is there any Tegra devices running sfos?
Maybe after jailbreking with Fusée Gelée ?

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Maybe after jailbreking with Fusée Gelée ?
the nintendo switch runnin sfos?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
Sure, why not? After all what good is it without?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
Sure, why not? After all what good is it without?
I may be mistaken as I do not follow the scene (because I do not really care), but... isn't there a proper Linux available for it?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I may be mistaken as I do not follow the scene (because I do not really care), but... isn't there a proper Linux available for it?
Indeed. And it well might be that @cvp is attempting to do that.
I understood he is attempting to get fusee-gelee-launcher working on SFOS, there was no mention of the payload he is going to use it with.

My answer was only for @tortoisedoc who was asking if SFOS could be set up on the switch.

Bear in mind that this hack can be used for any tegra device of a certain generation, it is not limited to the Switch.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
My answer was only for @tortoisedoc who was asking if SFOS could be set up on the switch.
Indeed. And that answer was, "After all what good is [Nintendo Switch] without [Sailfish]?"

That sounds like you are suggesting that only SFOS would make a Switch a worthwhile device. Leaving the original intended purpose - using it as a games console - alone, I counter-propose that SFOS is not just not the only worthwhile alternative OS, it not even the best.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: