Notices

Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
So I got a nice headset (Nokia HS-45), really good sound's coming out of the earbuds on the device and they have 7 awesome buttons(Call Answer, Volume Up, Down, Stop track, Pause/Resume, Next track, Previous track, but none of them is working out of the box for the N900) and I really wanted them fully working.

I made a research about such 'incompatible' headsets and there were not just a few threads about it, but the most important was about the 'headset-control' package. Many people made their headsets working with it but the problem now is that it is only for PR 1.2 (i didnt understand what is not working under PR1.3.1)

So is there any other way of making them work, like monitoring the signal they are sending to the phone, so I can bind it with a dbus call?

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
The wired multimedia wired headsets do send signals but the nokia daemon never associated those signals except the hang-up button; you can look at the code for the headset button daemon. This has been reviewed while Maemo5 was under active development by Nokia and there was a load of devs for the new Nokia OS since the N900 arrived and had no easy fix arrive in the last few years.
Best solution is to get something like a BH-214 bluetooth stereo headset which works great and all of the buttons work.

Last edited by biketool; 2013-08-25 at 16:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post: