Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
seeing on your own phone is beleiving when it comes to these trolls. they are living the first of april 365 days per year.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by optimaxxx View Post
OpenMobile ACL for webOS resurrected on Kickstarter, hopes to bring Android apps to HP Touchpad, http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/28/o...paign=Engadget

Resurrection Spell Cast!
but seriously, this would be a God-send!

going to start looking into their opinion on MeeGo
I've asked them and this was their reply:

--
HtheB
Tuesday Apr 30 2013, 8:12am EDT

Will this be also work on the Nokia N9 (MeeGo)? If so, I'm sure you will have more backers for this project.

--
Phoenix International Communications
Tuesday Apr 30 2013, 8:31am EDT

Hi HtheB

This project is specifically for the HP Touchpad, as the software has to be specially customized for the operating system and device it will run on.

Thanks so much for your support!

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
Yeah, they mentioned that this ACL is on a device-by-device basis, I wanted to propose the viability of them making this for N9 as a FUTURE project.

Plus we would have the added buffer of seeing how they handle themselves with this project.

Imagine in Nokia store "Google Market Access $20"

I bet there are thousands more N9s out there than touchpads, all we'd have to do is appeal to their bottom-line!

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
So where is aliean dalvik????

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
So where is aliean dalvik????
it's hiding in Sailfish OS

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by myname24 View Post
why not ? In the first two days they got around 11000$ and there is 23 days left . And they said around june-july the release . Personally I won't believe them until at least the product is released and working at a usable state because 2 and half year after first demo it's too little too late . But better late than never
...just see the comments on Engadget. (Almost) nobody believes anything about ACL, especially in regard to webOS,anymore. Totally understandable.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
it's hiding in Sailfish OS
you busted it

Yea, for N9 users pretty much our last hope is that Jolla releases a version of Sailfish for for Harmattan WITH Alien Dalvik. Believe it when I see it. I would shell out a pretty penny for this.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by justadude View Post
Yea, for N9 users pretty much our last hope is that Jolla releases a version of Sailfish for for Harmattan WITH Alien Dalvik. Believe it when I see it. I would shell out a pretty penny for this.
What's with this obsession of people to have Android applications running on N9? Is it just some app envy, "I want to have 800000 applications for my device becuse my friends laugh at me"

If that's the reason, then it is totally wrong reason and the adjustment is needed in your head, not on the device.

If you really need to run android applications, you should run them in android device. What kind of applications you think are missing for Harmattan?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
What's with this obsession of people to have Android applications running on N9? Is it just some app envy, "I want to have 800000 applications for my device becuse my friends laugh at me"

If that's the reason, then it is totally wrong reason and the adjustment is needed in your head, not on the device.

If you really need to run android applications, you should run them in android device. What kind of applications you think are missing for Harmattan?
a couple of great games/emulators

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post: