Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Sorry for not correcting back here...
I apologized on discord and in Adams Proš telegram for the false claim already.
No idea what exactly happened but it only worked once right on the evening adam was testing and i updated multiple times that evening and i am not sure anymore if it even did like expected or i did not grasp it at that time. Sry for the confusion...

Call audio is not routed through BT correctly.
All other BT features work.

Since all profiles are in place now after adams last round of fixes and get registered with the device on connect, my suspicion is the problem is BT + ofono related.
Seems like the last update brought bluetooth to work also with phone calls.
Dear porters you made me a lucky man. It will be an honor for me to donate you some beers this weekend!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Not sure if I'm on the right upgrade path any more? I tried to update this evening, but no changes found (I previously tried earlier this week) and bluetooth for call audio still not working for me

(I'm on 3.3.0.16, testing, tried zypper ref, zypper dup)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epninety View Post
Not sure if I'm on the right upgrade path any more? I tried to update this evening, but no changes found (I previously tried earlier this week) and bluetooth for call audio still not working for me

(I'm on 3.3.0.16, testing, tried zypper ref, zypper dup)
I thought it will work, already before the update. because there were packages which sounded like Bluetooth and audio routing. Unfortunately I can't remember their exact names.

After the update I immediately tried to phone via Bluetooth but it didn't work. So I rebooted and made a complete new connection to the device. I have not tried it with other devices yet, but with my bluetooth speaker it works now (Sony X11).

Edit:
I had a look in my logs. These were the packages from the last update:
  • audiosystem-passthrough-dummy-af
  • droid-config-t5-bluez5
  • droid-config-t5-flashing
  • droid-config-t5-policy-settings
  • droid-config-t5-preinit-plugin
  • droid-config-t5-pulseaudio-settings
  • droid-hal-version-t5
  • droid-config-t5
  • jolla-hw-adaptation-t5

Last edited by Fellfrosch; 2020-07-18 at 06:41.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Great to read!

I was following the discussion on telegram but was not aware it is available already.
Are you in testing or devel?

Edit, ah, you must be in devel.
Just tried to update testing without changes like epninety said.

It is heavily advised to ask on telegram before updating devel since only testing is ment for productive use

For those in testing, try to issue this DBUS command right after connecting the BT device.
It is the fix or a workaround the porters found and will route bt calls correctly.

Code:
dbus-send --print-reply --address='unix:path=/run/user/100000/pulse/dbus-socket' --dest=org.PulseAudio1 /org/sailfishos/audiosystempassthrough org.SailfishOS.AudioSystemPassthrough.set_parameters string:"BT_SCO=on"

Last edited by mosen; 2020-07-18 at 08:39.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
I'm on devel indeed. As long as there are still things which I horribly miss I stay an devel, even with the risk, that I have to reflash. I'm just eager to have the missing things as quick as possible.

Well that said. There are not so many things which I urgently miss anymore, now that Bluetooth seems finally to work.

OK I still iss proper QWERTZ Layout support for Android and flatpack apps (Or better a proper SF-Browser but I think that's Jolla's duty)....

So maybe I will switch to testing in near furure.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
You should look into backing up your whole sfos possibly to avoid reflash.
Kabouik made a nice guide how to and it is the only usfull feature of TWRP besides helping to flash sfos currently.

https://gist.github.com/Kabouik/f77539b3eb6a77b032d2fa827271b81d

And yes, Kabouik managed to restore the backup after trying hw issues on android, so it is a "real" working backup you have. Not a schroedinger one

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
You should look into backing up your whole sfos possibly to avoid reflash.
Kabouik made a nice guide how to and it is the only usfull feature of TWRP besides helping to flash sfos currently.

https://gist.github.com/Kabouik/f77539b3eb6a77b032d2fa827271b81d

And yes, Kabouik managed to restore the backup after trying hw issues on android, so it is a "real" working backup you have. Not a schroedinger one
I already tried that, but for some reasons it didn't work. I will give it another try and will report. Maybe some of you guys can give me a hint if I struggle again.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Feel free to post here or in the comments of the gist what issues you've encountered, maybe there's something we can improve. The guide is not perfect, I spotted multiple things that would require more precision already, but so far was too lazy to update it thoroughly. However I did multiple backups and restorations over the week-end and can confirm it works, you can even restore a backup from one Proš to another Proš if you rename the TWRP folder to match the name of the second Proš (using "fastboot devices" to get its name).

It's possible that the issue you've encountered was with backing up the hybris-boot.img, and couldn't go further. There was a change in the permissions of this file over later updates and it couldn't be backed up the way it was initially written in the guide; that part has been updated now.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
There's now a massive update in testing, were the BT fixes included?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Looks like I have vibration now.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:

Tags
fxtec pro1, sailfish os