Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by specc View Post
Some of you really need to sober up.

If you want open source, then Google/Android is the only viable way today.

Tizen is a toy for Samsung/Intel, Meltemi is dead and so is Maemo/Meego. This doesn't mean that Tizen may come out with a cool device or two, but Samsung/Intel is in no position to make a whole new ecosystem. Tizen will be a one off MeeGo kind of experience, if any.

Nokia smartphones are dead now. They only make devices based on recipe by MS. S40 is still alive, but it's more smartphone light.
Problem is I HATE Java/Dalvik crap.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Problem is I HATE Java/Dalvik crap.
If only that was the only problem with java and dalvik LOL

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
"He defended the choice of Windows Phone as the platform to replace its flagging Symbian operating system, which he said had been in steady decline since 2008.

“Symbian’s market share has come down close to zero,” he said of the decision to switch to Windows."

lol, is this guy really as ******ed as to really think that what he told here makes any sense?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GrimyHR For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
A new ecosystem come from anywhere. I guess the same thing was said when apple delivered their first smartphone or Google introduced Android. You simply don't now. It can come with Tizen part of Tizen or with something entire new. Even windows can be the new Android in a few two years if the users and operators decided to take move in that direction.
Baidu OS is coming, a Chinese fork of Android + Baidu services. When Android came, the ecosystem was already intact (Google ecosystem with services), apps came with Android of course.

Apple started with an intact app-ecosystem, music and so on. The iPhone just continued on the iPod ecosystem.

You have to start correct. You start with building an ecosystem, then when things get going, you create gadgets and software that are honed to use that ecosystem exclusively. You don't start with the gadget and hope that an ecosystem somehow by magic just pops up.

That's the problem with Tizen. Nice OS, nice gadgets (for all I know), but where is the ecosystem? where are the services?

The N9 took advantage of the Ovi system, the Nokia ecosystem, and in particular the Symbian ecosystem. To be honest though, the S40 ecosystem is going well, but Symbian is on the end of a steep down hill ride already.

If there is any plan B, it has to be Android.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Tizen could build the Ecosystem from Asia via LCD,LED, Plasma or from car's or other infomatics system. You cant know forsure that next mobile OS comes form mobile phones.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-07-02 at 20:39.

Originally Posted by almamo View Post
At this moment I also don't see how Nokia would still have a backup plan in form of MeeGo or Meltemi. If they would go back to those OS' all the sudden it would be a public proof of what a failure Windows Phone is - the actual Nokia management and especially Microsoft would never allow that to happen. [...]
LostDOS Paralyzed is a failure, with or without NOKIA's support.
oddly enough, Flop's farts may have made the situation only worse for m$
right now, hardly any of the former partners (LG, Samsung or the like) care to develop m$ devices
so badly that m$ has to start looking to take a subcontractor to manufacture eight devices ¦-))))))

if Flop had shut up, ppl would have gone on buying NOKIA devices and may have picked up NOKIA devices with m$ software "by accident"
as you pointed out yourself, nobody cares to buy NOKIA "smart phones" anymore. certainly not those with $h!t software

and other manufacturers may have gone on, just to be there in case it might have worked out.

now m$ on mobile devices is oblivion
nobody wants it, nobody even cares about it.

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
hopefully plan b is eject elop and try someone else.

unless an insider comes out and reveals details, which iks unlikely if they wanna keep jobs, the details won't be revealed. would you really come out and say heres are new win8 phone, we like it but if it sells like crap we'll scrap it for xxxx.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Backup plan... bankruptcy.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Backup plan... bankruptcy.
What you do with your n9 gerbick? lol

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
What you do with your n9 gerbick? lol
I was testing some Qt stuff that I was transferring from Android to MeeGo.

Now? I've sold one, keeping the other N9 for when I travel overseas. Might switch back to my N9 though away from the Lumia 900 since I need a wifi hotspot.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: