Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by inffy View Post
it seems there still isnot two way sync with exchange?

if i add a new contact, those wont sync to my exchange server
No two-way sync yet for contacts for any service.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kopla View Post
Mail sync doesn't work (Saunalahti - IMAP - 30minutes)
The schedule sync or you can't sync anything ? Are you getting a error in the email app when you perform an update ?

The Following User Says Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
The schedule sync or you can't sync anything ? Are you getting a error in the email app when you perform an update ?
Scheduled syncing does not work.
Of course it syncs when I select "check for new messages"

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
The schedule sync... no error.

Multitasking view shows in finnish "9 tuntia sitten" and in english "9 hours ago"

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
With the new firmware: if I don't have WLAN functionality enabled the phone cannot connect using mobile data communication. So if you have mobile data connection issues and WLAN is disabled, enable it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kopla View Post
The schedule sync... no error.

Multitasking view shows in finnish "9 tuntia sitten" and in english "9 hours ago"
Note that network needs to be up otherwise it will not try to sync, background processes do not request network. Check that setting is correct under settings->apps->mail. Also the cover does not keep updating to save resources, so if there aren't new emails time will not change unless you close and reopen email app, we'll improve that in order to not cause confusion.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by att View Post
With the new firmware: if I don't have WLAN functionality enabled the phone cannot connect using mobile data communication. So if you have mobile data connection issues and WLAN is disabled, enable it.
Thanks, I was having this issue and your advice helped. Then I turned WLAN off and the phone connected to internet using mobile data just fine.

@VDVsx,

Regarding two way sync (with Exchange) is this something that is in the pipeline, or Jolla will never do this? I hope it comes with an update, because my N9 can sync back to Exchange ok.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Had the phone now for 3 hours. Love the design and UI. Setting up all the info and so forth was also really nicely done.

Rest has been somewhat problematic. I can't get the Sailfish browser to to obey my touches. Yandex store either crashes at setup or cannot load the CAPTCHA at account verification. Tried to install the new update, but after installation I'm still on the original software version plus now the phone seems to be in somekind of endless 'searching for update' loop. After all that messing I was at 24% battery. so I decided to turn it off and take a rest while battery loads. For some reason the battery marker shot up to 47% from 23% just because I turned off the phone.

More testing tomorrow, I think.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
@VDVsx,

Regarding two way sync (with Exchange) is this something that is in the pipeline, or Jolla will never do this? I hope it comes with an update, because my N9 can sync back to Exchange ok.
Sorry can promise/say anything about new features, but I would never say never, all bits are in place except some UI so make your own conclusions

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience