Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

I don't mind that it will be 0.5mm thicker, I just mind that there will be a gap.
I would gladly pay more if the Neo900 was physically the same as the n900.

By the way, this thread is already 177 pages long, making it completely unreadable.
I find this forum's interface very inconvenient, a newsgroup with a well designed web frontend would be perfect.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lameventanas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
there will be no gap, there will be a spacer frame of some kind, basically extending the lower plastic shell a bit. (sorry for the extremely poor quality of my photoshopped fake which I attached) The decision to go this way for mechanical design been based on feasibility, not economics. Unless you'd consider 10 times the price still something in the range of what you all would be willing to pay - since that might be the result from trying to fit LTE into N900 case without spacer frame, at least for this batch quantity we're talking about here. Make that batch 20 or 30 times as much as we hope to reach now and I'll get that stuff into the N900 case for you (since then we can go for a chipset instead of a - larger - module for modem)

The thread is 177 pages despite the "inconvenient interface" - I don't think any other interface would have resulted in a shorter thread unless we had made it impossible to post to it. Now if that is what you ask for when you say "well designed web frontend" ?
Please check if http://talk.maemo.org/printthread.php?t=91142&pp=40 more pleases your preferences, at least it's only 45 pages there

cheers
jOERG
Attached Images

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-02-17 at 08:47.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lameventanas View Post
I don't mind that it will be 0.5mm thicker, I just mind that there will be a gap.
I would gladly pay more if the Neo900 was physically the same as the n900.

By the way, this thread is already 177 pages long, making it completely unreadable.
I find this forum's interface very inconvenient, a newsgroup with a well designed web frontend would be perfect.
This thread is like LOST TV series.
You have to watch it (read it) from the first episode (post) if you want to what is it about ;D

But I think this forum is quite user-friendly. Yes it is long, but that's normal when everyone can post in - and that's the important part of our project

#lexik

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to lexik For This Useful Post:
I couldn't find the answer in the thread, but this thread is 177 pages long, so forgive me if has already been answered.

I donated some money right at the start of the project, if i donate again will this properly add up to the final 'discount' when i buy one? Or do I need to reference the first donation?

The Following User Says Thank You to RRvW For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
http://talk.maemo.org/search.php?searchid=16217437
6th hit is http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...te#post1406790
jumping to original post (dereferencing): http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...58#post1406758
next post has the answer: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...69#post1406769 date exactly 1 month ago. 8 pages back.

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-02-18 at 01:28.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
there will be no gap, there will be a spacer frame of some kind, basically extending the lower plastic shell a bit. (sorry for the extremely poor quality of my photoshopped fake which I attached)
Thanks for your explanation. I can't imagine how will this frame will be attached to the rest. But, how about 3d scanning the plastic part of the case, then making it 0.5 mm deeper and printing it? Its possible this was already suggested in the 177 pages, in that case, sorry!

Maybe we can make a quick FAQ with the most common questions/suggestions and put it in the official website, to avoid people asking the same things over and over.

Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
The thread is 177 pages despite the "inconvenient interface"
The problem is not the length of the discussion, just the slowness/inconvenience of the interface.
My idea of a newsgroup with web interface comes from the CUPS forums. It used to have both things. Long threads are easy and quick to read by using a newsgroup reader. I use the excellent knode, but Thunderbird can also do it.

A newsgroup reader can download everything, and make it fast to search, read, etc. It also shows the threads, and you can mark things as read/unread, just like Email. Its perfect for forums like these, with so many threads, and even long ones.

I don't know if CUPS was using a custom development or something already available. I hope Maemo can use the same thing, it would be a huge improvement!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lameventanas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Feel free to add to the BlaBlaBla in this thread, make it 178 pages!

By the way i only get 89 pages.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Dallas, Texas
I read much of this thread a while back, but I don't remember if this is planned to work on LTE in the US?

Originally Posted by Taleydra View Post
I read much of this thread a while back, but I don't remember if this is planned to work on LTE in the US?
http://neo900.org/faq#networks

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
By the way i only get 89 pages.
<ot>
Control Panel -> Edit Options -> Number of Posts to Show Per Page -> Use Forum Default
</ot>

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, thank you!