Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Hi all,

Just picked up a (new in box!) Nexus 5 as it seemed to be the best route for a Sailfish daily driver. After much deliberation, contemplation and research, I have decided to abandon the modern two camp paradigm and focus solely on Sailfish.

That said, I'm about to start the process of installing. Am I correct in assuming that the cm121beta0 build doesn't function correctly, and I should use the cm121alpha1 build as indicated on the piratepad?

I don't care about sfdroid. I just want a working, slick device. I don't mind advanced sysadmin tasks and I'm not hoping for a bug-free existence.

If anyone could be so kind, I just want to know which build is the latest and greatest (and most functional). Also, is sensorsfix2.zip the latest?

Thanks for all of your hard work. I've always loved this community.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I have only experience on build based on cm12.1 and it works pretty well. No sfdroid on my device.

Current status of the issues I am having;

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
1.) GPS is very slow to lock on. The device sees a full constellation of satellites, however it takes almost 10 minutes before position data starts to flow. Really mystifying thing.
The root cause seems to be that device only works with GPS, not AGPS. (and AFAIK all other ports hace same issue)
Investigation ongoing, been debugging the GPS interface to find a way to inject ephemerals correctly.

2.) The voice call quality on my BT headset is poor, really noisy and clipping. Pretty odd as both cutespot and nettiradio output beautiful and clear sound...
Have not yet started investigation, this is a low-priority problem for me.

3.) The Call Recorder by @dpurgin did not work out-of-the-box. Seems I need to look into that a bit deeper.
Debugged with aid of @dpurgin, raised issue#54 for the problem on github.
Now it seems that the problem is centered on pulseaudio subsytem, probably interface setup of configuration.
Investigation ongoing.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
I have only experience on build based on cm12.1 and it works pretty well. No sfdroid on my device.

Current status of the issues I am having;

The root cause seems to be that device only works with GPS, not AGPS. (and AFAIK all other ports hace same issue)
Investigation ongoing, been debugging the GPS interface to find a way to inject ephemerals correctly.
It only took about 1-2 minutes for me after a fresh install a few days ago. Me and my Nexus were outside and i didn't notice much of a difference to my Jolla Phone with A-GPS.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
can confirm @Mautz.
For me it was under a minute outdoors to have satfix in modrana after fresh install/flash.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
can confirm @Mautz.
For me it was under a minute outdoors to have satfix in modrana after fresh install/flash.
Can confirm this. Tested the GPS again after my last post, it only took around 20 seconds to get a satfix outdoors.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
With AGPS on the Jolla phone it usually takes half a second, so I'd say that's a slightly noticeable difference. I do mind waiting for GPS signal, because if you're looking for a GPS signal, it's because you need it right there and then, otherwise you could just take a look at any old regular map.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Just got this up and running on my Nexus 5, which was brand new in box. I only booted into android long enough to enable USB debugging so I could throw adb and fastboot commands at it.

Very happy with all of the hard work you all have done. Awesome!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Does anyone know who to root sfdroid? I tried to flash su via the recovery(i'm using Multirom) but that didn't work.

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
I've run into an issue:

I cannot get MMS to work, no matter which APN/MMSC I use. I'm on T-mobile US.

Is there anyone out there that has gotten this to work on our N5? I've tried epc.tmobile.com, fast.tmobile.com, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Following User Says Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by deprecated View Post
I've run into an issue:

I cannot get MMS to work, no matter which APN/MMSC I use. I'm on T-mobile US.

Is there anyone out there that has gotten this to work on our N5? I've tried epc.tmobile.com, fast.tmobile.com, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Set it to not download mms automatically and switch to 3g/2g and download the mms. It works most of the time. It does not work on 4g

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post: