Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by Xagoln View Post
Well, I'm trying to drum up support in the Development forum:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=73192

There could be a range, but it depends how many Devs are interested!
Friend,

You mean you want some apps to be translated in our local language (Filipino/Tagalog)? Count me in.

However, just to level set expectations...at this time and age, the Philippines is generally a bi-lingual country (English and our local language of Filipino/Tagalog). Heck I don't even think that a lot of Filipinos nowadays know how to speak purely in Filipino/Tagalog for an hour or two (unless you're a politician giving a speech). But in any case if you still want to push for it, you have my support.

Symbianize seems to be okay now.

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
sir, symbianize is already up. hehe i also followed Xagoln's link to see if i could help but i didn't understand what they where talking about. hehe

in my case sir i find it hard to use gadgets or the net when the language is set to Filipino. i'm not really sure if it's the poor translation or it's me. hehe
i also find it difficult reading math/science/anything technical if it's in Filipino.

Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
sir, symbianize is already up. hehe i also followed Xagoln's link to see if i could help but i didn't understand what they where talking about. hehe

in my case sir i find it hard to use gadgets or the net when the language is set to Filipino. i'm not really sure if it's the poor translation or it's me. hehe
i also find it difficult reading math/science/anything technical if it's in Filipino.
Yup exactly my same point. It's not your fault; it's more on how our government patronizes and pushes the use of the language. Good thing to note especially when you start to have your own family and kids. I'm lucky my parents still taught me the importance of the language though.

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Originally Posted by topet2k12001 View Post
Yup exactly my same point. It's not your fault; it's more on how our government patronizes and pushes the use of the language. Good thing to note especially when you start to have your own family and kids. I'm lucky my parents still taught me the importance of the language though.
hehe. i can speak the language sir, quite fluently if i may add. haha bulakenyo po eh. problem is i'm not used to seeing Filipino words and mathematical/scientific terms together.

i'm not sure if you still remember your UPCAT or if we had the same experience but there were math questions during my time which were given in Filipino. extra challenge on my part! haha

Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
hehe. i can speak the language sir, quite fluently if i may add. haha bulakenyo po eh. problem is i'm not used to seeing Filipino words and mathematical/scientific terms together.

i'm not sure if you still remember your UPCAT or if we had the same experience but there were math questions during my time which were given in Filipino. extra challenge on my part! haha
Hindi ko na naabutan na Filipino ang mga tanong sa UPCAT ng math.

just curious... are there any maemo developers here in the Philippines?
do maemo-gods walk among us in our native land? hehe

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Manila, Philippines
sir topet pwede ka makausap sa IM?

Originally Posted by bebek_35 View Post
sir topet pwede ka makausap sa IM?
Friend,

I'm sorry but I'm still at work and I'm in a meeting. Sorry it seems like our schedules don't match often. As a suggestion, please visit our thread at symbianize.com. Just search for the thread on N900 tutorials. That way, there will be other members who can help you when I'm not available. Just tell them that I referred you there; they will be glad to help.

hahaha meron din pla thread n900 phils dito haha..hello!

Tags
filipino, jovit, nokia n900, pacman, pinoy ako, pinoys, selling n900