Hi everybody.
I would like to use Bluetooth to Dial Up Networking instead of the cable. Why N900 can't?

Thank You

It can.

Have you installed the bluetooth-dun package?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fecn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 75 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Toulouse
Please do a little research, before you spam this forum:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=n900+bluetooth+dun

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Scotland
@Fecn - A pleasant, concise and helpful response to someone who may be new to the N900 or the web for that matter.

@dominik - A longer reply than Fecn's, which is obnoxious, condescending and unhelpful.

I'm getting really sick of the attitude of the N900 clique on this forum.

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by uberguru View Post
@Fecn - A pleasant, concise and helpful response to someone who may be new to the N900 or the web for that matter.

@dominik - A longer reply than Fecn's, which is obnoxious, condescending and unhelpful.

I'm getting really sick of the attitude of the N900 clique on this forum.
Oh well, everyone here has one bad day per week. Which means one of seven people are cranky non-stop...

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Toulouse
@uberguru: I am sorry, but I find it rather offensive, when somebody writes "Why N900 can't Bluetooth DUN?", which is a completely unsubstantiated claim. A simple forum or google search would have revealed that.

The Following User Says Thank You to dominik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by dominik View Post
@uberguru: I am sorry, but I find it rather offensive, when somebody writes "Why N900 can't Bluetooth DUN?", which is a completely unsubstantiated claim. A simple forum or google search would have revealed that.
It's a question, not a claim. It's just someone looking for help. But instead it elicits an increasingly common elitist fanboy response.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by uberguru View Post
It's a question, not a claim. It's just someone looking for help. But instead it elicits an increasingly common elitist fanboy response.
it is a question that

a) has a negative aura sized like a mammoth
b) tells that the OP doesn't know what google is, not talking about forums search etc. all keywords needed are directly in title.

e: I reread the starting post and it clearly claims that N900 cant handle bt DUN (which is wrong)
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Last edited by ossipena; 2010-05-28 at 20:02.

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
Also, because experience has shown that pretty much every thread that starts with "Why can't N900 ..." is not actually asking why, but starting a rant. It's loaded to begin with, a simple "Can N900 ..." would do better if you want answers. That isn't to say some of the replies here weren't unnecessarily harsh.

First of all, I'm not english! Beg your pardon SIR if I bothered you with my silly questions. Probably you should stop reading since you find that is bothering you.
Second of all I'm not claiming that N900 DOES not but since I look for a solution imply that I can't figure out WHY I CAN'T!
But... SIR... you that know everything why are you wasting your time here?! Or do I have to google that too?!
That's I can't really figure out!

I'm looking for help.
I'm not a DEV and I'm just a simple user. If you are offended in any way by simple questions please stay on your own and never ask for help even when you have tomorrow prepare your meal and you don't know where is the salt!!

BTW... simple answers are in simple persons.
You wasted band and made a tread a mess instead of close it immediately with a simple aswer like Fecn has done.

Very smart!
I'm not a N900 geek... but sooner or later you'll be in a bed in hospital. Try asking a doctor a question when you don't understand... maybe you would be replied "don't bother me... do a google search"!! I really hope to see you that day!
Good luck!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cixi For This Useful Post: