Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
omfg , I hope price speculation is wrong.
they won't achieve anything with that pricetag
Sorry, in general i'm with you, but here we disagreee...
They can't achieve anything with with a low pricetag, there are too many competitors with low pricetag. If i want that, i go for android, but this is not, what people want, who always had high-end-devices like people here in this community...

remember that?
Originally Posted by ranbaxy View Post
Not sure if this has been already posted here or not
Finland's Jolla Will Be The Ferrari Of The Smartphone World
There is no Ferrari for low price...

It should be like:
price at least like iPhone, but while you pay at least 40% of iPhone-price for the name, let half of the 40% go to SW-dev and the other half of it got to HW + 20% on top for a camera like PureView...

... just my thoughts, coming from a wedding-eve party

Edit:
it should be something so far ahead of the times like this:

Best conversation about that phone
"What is this?"
"It's a phone that can fax and email."
"What is email?"

Last edited by Leinad; 2012-10-18 at 22:03.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
An expensive phone is not the same as an overpriced phone and the price do not decided if it's a high end phone or not, at least not for me.

We dont know how Jolla's buissniss model looks like or even their strategy . The device can be secondary to the sailfish license. If that's the case they could sell it cheaper just to get the os out there. And when you speculate around price, you have almost no information about the device so that makes it even more pointless to speculate of real numbers. But I agree. Speculation is fun and the only thing that can move jolla, this thread and this community to a point where everybody heard that Jolla is the word.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
To sell well the price will have to be reasonable i think the 600 - 900 thing is bit too much

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
How can you know it's too much when you don't know what you get?

Apparently, the phone is coming out in December.

Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
To sell well the price will have to be reasonable i think the 600 - 900 thing is bit too much
I don't think they aim to "sell well" in the sense that it will be a "hit".

I believe they are aware that their customer base is probably relatively small and will make "exclusive" devices instead.

Think Ferrari. Less quantity better quality. To a higher price of course. I would have no problem with this as long as it's a quality device.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Finnish people here, please go to http://www.tosielamandiili.fi/ and give your vote for Jolla as the best startup at Slush 2012.

Winning startup gets free television ad campaign on MTV3.
Followed the link and tried that but it seems it requires you to have a facebook account

I still don't get the thing about companies wanting to get those thumbs on facebook... Most of the people on the world dont have / will not ever have a facebook account. It's self limiting in a way

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Followed the link and tried that but it seems it requires you to have a facebook account

I still don't get the thing about companies wanting to get those thumbs on facebook... Most of the people on the world dont have / will not ever have a facebook account. It's self limiting in a way
Exactly what sane competition requires a facebook account to participate

The way things are going these days I wouldn't be surprised next time round for a competition to declare a winner based on the number of re-tweets a contestant generates [come to think of it, Jolla has a good chance in re-tweets )...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-10-19 at 11:25.

I think its time for a pre-order in twitter!

First of its kind!

Still no answer from jolla regarding the community questions. I read in some intervju that they planned to do things with the community.

Anyone know what that means? Community representatives, handling our dev devices or simply just release som kind of Linux ui.

Looking forward to see Jussi and Marc as members here and if not, maybe an official jolla account?

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-10-20 at 07:41.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla