Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
Drnoksnes plays perfectly. I havent ran across a game it has any problems with.
Please tell me you can say the same for VGBA!

Is it possible to have a full screen for the Master gear emulator ?

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
I dont use vgba, so I couldnt tell you...sorry.

where does one find games for the mastergear emu?

My Blog

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
The current emulators are appreciated, but very limited in function. No diagonal mapping is fine if you have a d-pad or keys that are arranged for two key presses of up, down, left and right, but not for the KB on the N900.

The game emulators are weak compared to Android: No zip support, less options, no diagonal mapping, slower performance, weak audio and much lower game compatability. This is compared to the G1, since Droid is on another level of game goodness.

BUT, both devices suck compared to just about everything else compared to the N900. I have a Dingoo, DS and PSP for gaming anyways. Heck, I can use the emulators on the G1 too. G1 is now a gaming system for me and back-up phone.

I sure hope the Pandora emulators get ported, but I think they do not have diagonal mapping options either- Pandora has a d-pad. At least there is zip support and more games apparently work

Wild that the G1 plays games better than the N900- just shows the actual emulator needs to leverage the chipset.

Last edited by Rushmore; 2009-12-10 at 19:06.

does anyone know where I can get games for mastergear so I can test it

My Blog

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
I did a little searching for emus that are feature complete and open source, there seem to be a number of them. The issue is lack of developer(s) to take on the project. I'll try and compile a list later if I can, there is a ton of out of date info/abandoned projects to sift through. Might have to be this weekend as my laptop decided to stop booting yesterday. Using N900 only now, lol. Pretty awesome.

I totally appreciate Marat's work, which he is releasing on maemo for free. I took a quick look at his site it seems his emus are closed source as he is selling them on other platforms. He posts here maybe he can shed some light on his plans for his emus on maemo.

He also has a ton of developer info for emulation compiled on his site. Great resource!

As for diagonals, it seems like you can overlay onscreen controls for his emus (mastergear/ines at least). Somewhat limiting, but works ok if you need diagonals and use the Kb for buttons.

Originally Posted by stobbsc View Post
does anyone know where I can get games for mastergear so I can test it
Try typing 'game gear roms' into google...

Just want to say that if you need diagonal keys in drnoksnes you could press for example both up and left to get the diagonal up-left. Useful for slow-paced games mostly I guess.

does anyone know where the emulators for n900 are or why they removed them?