Hey guys this is Ajit, n I am seeking an urgent help to unlock my bro's n900. He just got locked out so I did a reflash to atleast get back into the phone. But the problem is to reset the lock code. can anybody plz help me with it without going to any nokia priority dealer ? plz help me its damn urgent. (my n900 nvr did this to me but my bro's did. )

Last edited by CooL_HunK; 2012-02-14 at 02:53.

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
If it's so damn urgent, why not search the forum?

When I forgot my lock code, I found everything I needed in this thread.

So long as you can get on Xterm or SSH to the phone and have some basic IT skills, you'll be fine. If you read the thread and need further help, I'll do my best to answer your questions if they're specific (i.e. "I get <error> when I do <action>").

Last edited by shallimus; 2010-08-30 at 12:44.

I did already chkd on few posts of that thread. but I dont anything about scripting or running an app through xterm, m noob to linux n other stuff. I've downloaded the attachment file of that thread " a.out.gz (2.2 KB)". but dont know the next step n where to place this file on my n900 if rqrd other than my Docs(jst in case). plz help me dude.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Open XTerm on the phone, gain root and run following command:

Code:
echo root:$(grep -A 13 lock_code /dev/mtd1|tail -1):
Post here the output and somebody will get you current password.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by CooL_HunK View Post
but I dont anything about scripting or running an app through xterm, m noob to linux n other stuff.
There's nothing wrong with being new at something. Try some stuff for yourself and learn. Otherwise you'll spend the rest of your life being stuck asking people to plzz help u because you're a n00b, which sucks for you and everyone else. Instead, why not try to fix the problem yourself and ask for help when you're really stuck?

Retrieving your lock code is a low-risk exercise - you're not changing anything, only reading data, so it would be a good place to start learning more about getting the most out of the phone you own.

zlatko has given exact instructions on what to do, so it'd be nice to click the 'Thanks' button under his post

Last edited by shallimus; 2010-08-30 at 13:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
guys I did it all by that thread 5 step procedure. thnx a lot. used ssh, along with winscp, then running the grep command and saving the generated hash code to a notepad ".txt" file in the john the ripper for windows folder. ran the command in cmd n I got the rest. thnx... guys. thnx for ur support.

The Following User Says Thank You to CooL_HunK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by CooL_HunK View Post
guys I did it all by that thread 5 step procedure. thnx a lot. used ssh, along with winscp, then running the grep command and saving the generated hash code to a notepad ".txt" file in the john the ripper for windows folder. ran the command in cmd n I got the rest. thnx... guys. thnx for ur support.
Awesome

Glad it worked out.

The Following User Says Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
yea... at least I learned something abt shell.

Code:
grep -A 13 lock_code /dev/mtd1|tail -1
An explanation of some of what you typed in to Xterm:
  • grep searches for a word within a file (or other input); *nix people will often refer to needle (the word) and haystack (the file or other input)
  • lock_code is the needle
  • /dev/mtd1 is the haystack: the file which contains the hash of your lock code
  • -A 13 tells grep to also show the 13 lines after the matching line in /dev/mtd1; this is because the hash is a number of lines after the occurrence of the word lock_code (guess how many?)
  • | (aka 'pipe') means take the output of the previous command (the grep) and send it into the following command as input
  • tail -1 means show only the last line of the input (the input in this case being the output of grep which you piped into tail)

Last edited by shallimus; 2010-08-30 at 14:42.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
plc can some one help me decrypt my password, plc i don't have a pc thanks; root:c117tjlSWFk8Y:

Tags
finland phone, unlocked in usa