Active Topics

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
It looks like I introduced some bug on one of the latest versions, indication that alarms are not active (but they are active).

Going to have a look at it now. Didn't receive reports about it here...

Update 1: it's the last change (device wakeup on alarm) that causes the alarms to be wrongly indicated as not active.
Update 2: looks like it is caused by different flag values needed to see the alarm active. Should be fixable I hope...
Update 3: Made a fix.
Update 4: Okay, I need more flags updated in case the alarm is repeated. So fix will be replaced soon..
Update 5: Fix for repeating alarms

Cause of wrongly displayed status:
Alarms created in the last version (with device wakeup on alarm) do generate a different flag because of that changed behavour. Consequently, worldclock did not mark them as being active in the alarmlist. Alarms entered before the last update where shown correctly, because they still had the old flag.

Now both old and new alarms should be shown correctly.

For people that downloaded the version of yesterday: please install this new version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42147901/worldclock.zip

Last edited by ade; 2012-01-05 at 20:10.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Berlin/Germany
Originally Posted by ade View Post
It looks like I introduced some bug on one of the latest versions, indication that alarms are not active (but they are active).

Going to have a look at it now. Didn't receive reports about it here...
I did!
Thats what I wanted to say with post #148:-)

The Following User Says Thank You to bitrocky For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bitrocky View Post
I did!
Thats what I wanted to say with post #148:-)
You did, I totally missed that post, sorry.

I hope this is fixed now, let me know if you still find an issue with (non)activated alarms. I will notice your post next time for sure

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by artpra View Post
Take a look, it`s right before the date field:

There is very little room to put all the worldclock information in one line, especially in portrait mode.
Depending on your local settings, the date in the worldclock part is shown in formats like dd/mm/yyyy, or dd-mm-yy.

I decided to remove the century part in all cases, meaning 20/12/2010 will now be shown as 20/12/10. This creates some precious extra space. If your phone settings did not display the century info, nothing will change of course. In my case (testing with dd/mm/yyyy as previous format), the date info is now never cut off. But for some fonts it may still be the case that a little part is missing.

Update: some formats start with yyyy (like when setting swedish). These are changed as well now.

8 january new Update: Using portrait mode and having short daynames of three characters (like Sun) could not fit properly if 6 days are chosen for alarm repeat. This has also to do with the extra space I gave the "repeat" label (rather large in polish ).
To make it fit, I removed the spaces after the comma seperator.

Newest version as always http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42147901/worldclock.zip

If found, please report back related issues.

Last edited by ade; 2012-01-08 at 16:32.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Finland
Hi ade,

Thanks for standing up and continuing this. It seems really close to beeing done.

Though I found a bug. Using Finnish language and locale the clock times get wrongly set. It doesn't matter what I select from the hour roller, it gets put in as a zero. The marker (.) between hour and minute is different I suspect. The field shows a value 19.00 if I select 19 on the hour and 00 on the minute. It gets translated to 00:19 when I press save.

Setting the time from top menu works as supposed. The field in that screen has the right marker ( between hours and minutes.

Hope you have time to fix it.

Originally Posted by miqu View Post
Hi ade,

Thanks for standing up and continuing this. It seems really close to beeing done.

Though I found a bug. Using Finnish language and locale the clock times get wrongly set. It doesn't matter what I select from the hour roller, it gets put in as a zero. The marker (.) between hour and minute is different I suspect. The field shows a value 19.00 if I select 19 on the hour and 00 on the minute. It gets translated to 00:19 when I press save.

Setting the time from top menu works as supposed. The field in that screen has the right marker ( between hours and minutes.

Hope you have time to fix it.
Looks like no one else from Finland is using the replacement clock, or they all use foreign setting for their device

Ones switch to Finnish I noticed the problem instantly.

Is the time format "hh.mm" used in Finland? Somehow Qt sees it as a locale format. The stock alarm program uses the more regular "hh:mm" format for the hour and minute notation in Finnish.

Also noticed some other things with the Finnish settings :
- worldclock warns about an invalid date (could be harmless)
- The clock icon overlaps the alarm time in the alarm list
- using 12 hour clock notation gave some problems that look identical to the issues Toxaris noticed in Swedish and I could not reproduce.

Maybe I will switch my phone back to Finnish this weekend and have a further look at this.

But for now I hope to have fixed your specific issue: It replaces the "." with a ":" when the format is determined, so the rest of the program understands it.
Perhaps I will remove this format conversion part ones I am sure it has no use. Now it always expects "hh:mm" anyway....

Newest version as always http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42147901/worldclock.zip

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
damn...i installed this a few months ago and i love it...since then i have been trying to keep up with the uopdates but every version i out in the designated folder gives me a crash every time on clock app..

@ed_boner:
Quick thought, are you remembering to chmod the file so that it can be excecuted?

After copying the file over.
Code:
chmod 755 /usr/bin/worldclock
@ade

Nice, thanks I will pick it up now.

I think we use 19:25 times here in Finland. Qt might have a bug on that?

edit:
Didnt work yet but I can use my old alarms just fine.

It seems that we the Finns are using the point as a separator in times. So not a qt bug. But I do think you should propably have a method "char getTimeSeparatorMarker(locale)" in a localization avare library like QT? I dont know the internals yet, so just throwing a thought.

http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piste_%...%A4limerkki%29
"Ajanilmauksissa tunnit, minuutit ja sekunnit erotetaan toisistaan pisteellä, esimerkiksi kello 14.15." from the wiki page says so in Finnish.

Last edited by miqu; 2012-01-12 at 23:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to miqu For This Useful Post:
Nice, thanks I will pick it up now.

I think we use 19:25 times here in Finland. Qt might have a bug on that?

edit:
Didnt work yet but I can use my old alarms just fine.

It seems that we the Finns are using the point as a separator in times. So not a qt bug. But I do think you should propably have a method "char getTimeSeparatorMarker(locale)" in a localization avare library like QT? I dont know the internals yet, so just throwing a thought.

http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piste_%...%A4limerkki%29
"Ajanilmauksissa tunnit, minuutit ja sekunnit erotetaan toisistaan pisteellä, esimerkiksi kello 14.15." from the wiki page says so in Finnish.
Thanks for finding the info. Hope to find a proper way to deal with this.

I know why the new version did not work
: my dropbox client is giving issues so it did not upload. Please download again for a proper test.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
I know why the new version did not work: my dropbox client is giving issues so it did not upload. Please download again for a proper test.
Thanks man it works nice now.

Do you have a donate button somewhere? I'd love to hand over a beer or whatever you like.

The Following User Says Thank You to miqu For This Useful Post: