Active Topics

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Cmitono View Post
If you're looking for a smartphone that you need to restart almost everyday due to issues with the 3g, then this is your machine!

If you use gmail, then it's your machine again! Because all the other accounts that I've tried DO NOT work...

And now for a slightly differing experience.

I've had my N9 since November and I have only had to reboot it once, and that was not because of 3G

And it works fine with hotmail, my btinternet mail account and with Exchange

Originally Posted by Cmitono View Post
If you're looking for a smartphone that you need to restart almost everyday due to issues with the 3g, then this is your machine!

If you use gmail, then it's your machine again! Because all the other accounts that I've tried DO NOT work...

Some people have the connection problem - I did, but haven't had it in two weeks or more. Don't know why. BTW I refer to the wifi, but the same fix works for 3G, so I think your N9 suffers the same bug.
I don't know what triggers it, but it's not a problem for all people, just some. You got unlucky. I would still like to know if my fix works for you, btw.

Originally Posted by nokix
i wasn't the OP but i did have a post http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=37 in this thread considering buying one, and ended up getting a magenta 16GB over the weekend. i didn't have time to go to my operator to change to a micro sim yet so it hasn't really been used.
I have cut up 3 SIM cards (instructions from google) to microsim, all work fine, and all work ok in a self made converted back to miniSIM (= standard/regular SIM) format. (Full size SIM is credit card, the card one usually has to break the SIM out of before sticking it in a phone.)

The Following User Says Thank You to aRTee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by aRTee View Post
Some people have the connection problem - I did, but haven't had it in two weeks or more. Don't know why. BTW I refer to the wifi, but the same fix works for 3G, so I think your N9 suffers the same bug.
I don't know what triggers it, but it's not a problem for all people, just some. You got unlucky. I would still like to know if my fix works for you, btw.

I have cut up 3 SIM cards (instructions from google) to microsim, all work fine, and all work ok in a self made converted back to miniSIM (= standard/regular SIM) format. (Full size SIM is credit card, the card one usually has to break the SIM out of before sticking it in a phone.)
ArTee,

Thanks for your help!!!!!!

Actually I didn't need to try your fix. I simply changed the settings to "connected on background" and to my surprise it's okay!!!!!

Still, I'll activate Developer's mode and I'll be more than pleased to post any possible errors I might have!

The Following User Says Thank You to Cmitono For This Useful Post:
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
N9 web browser still doesn't have flash?

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Well, I think you should wait until we see if they are going to release a final and successful version of NITDroid then you should buy it, I l♥ve my N9 but there is a slow death in MeeGo Harmattan right now because Nokia left it at its own and now Jolla MIGHT support Nokia N9 so right now it is in dying stage..

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by ranbaxy View Post
N9 web browser still doesn't have flash?
You have to use Firefox to use flash. There is a version for the N9. Since adobe is abandoning flash, I don't think it has a lot of pull now.

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
Well, I think you should wait until we see if they are going to release a final and successful version of NITDroid then you should buy it, I l♥ve my N9 but there is a slow death in MeeGo Harmattan right now because Nokia left it at its own and now Jolla MIGHT support Nokia N9 so right now it is in dying stage..
I don't agree.

In my experience the N9 is getting better and better regardless of what Nokia does. It will not die as long as there's a community.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladoga For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I would buy N9 if you need a simple phone to carry around and rely on skype, gtalk IM connectivity. It's not as fluid as WP7 phone an does bizarre things from time to time

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: