Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Fellow Canadians,

A good deal to be had on N800's at Buy.com Canada.

Regular price of $238.90 less 5% = $226.96 (CAD)

Items are in stock (shipping in 1-2 biz days)

Speaking of shipping - it's free on this one!

Get 'em while they last, eh!

http://www.ca.buy.com/product.aspx?sku=204055141

I know, you might say that brokerage fees or duty will unsweeten the pot, so-to-speak, but here is ther fine print:

Please Note: all orders ship from warehouses in Canada to Canadian addresses, which means you will never be charged brokerage fees, duty costs, or any charges other than those already listed in the Shipping Charges.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EIPI For This Useful Post:
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Manitoba, Canada
Yea, that is a good deal. I just stumbled across it myself. I suppose the Dell Xmas deal ($200) was the best one so far, but this one is very close. Now if I could just convince myself that having *two* N800's is better than just *one*, I would be laughing

Originally Posted by darethehair View Post
Yea, that is a good deal. I just stumbled across it myself. I suppose the Dell Xmas deal ($200) was the best one so far, but this one is very close. Now if I could just convince myself that having *two* N800's is better than just *one*, I would be laughing
Cant see anything wrong with a spare! I bought 4 from Dell when it was on sale at $200...

Well only two were for me.. to experiment with n800 to n800 communications, etc...

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Manitoba, Canada
Cool! Don't you have to 'answer' to anybody about your 'frivolous' tech purchases?

I suppose it could be argued that it makes more sense to buy a 810 to supplement the 800, but not when the price difference is so high.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Eastern Ontario, Canada
Buy.com - Canada: N810 for CDN $455.98 this week.

I purchased one from buy.com a month ago, but the n800 refuse to power on...tried everything, didn't work. I returned the unit.

The $226 has been in effect for sometime.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Toronto
Any other recent experience with this offer? I've been reading on another thread that they were actually out of stock. I'd like to order on my next payday, Friday ... but if they're going to charge my card before tehy actually have stock to ship, or if they're gonna ship a DOA unit, maybe I'd better think again.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Saskatchewan
Thanks for the information. I was about to order from tigerdirect.ca last week at 249.95 + freight. I ordered from buy.com Canada on Sunday night and it was shipped Monday afternoon. Hopefully it will be in my hands by the weekend.

The only problem with buy.com is that they haven't updated the GST yet. So it cost me 2.26 too much.

The Following User Says Thank You to kayfbee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Using EIPI's link in #1, it's $284.99 as of now - guess it was a limited offer.

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
kayfbee - glad you got to take advantage of this sale. You should call them back and ask for the 1% gst back. It would be illegal for them to overcharge the gst, and I am sure they would refund it immediately to show goodwill.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for any other Canadian sales. Tigerdirect might be next since Dell.ca and Buy.com(Canada) have already had theirs.