Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on

This thread is unintentionally hilarious.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
My apologies. It's just that your persistent ignorance annoys me. I, and many others, have given you reasons why it costs as much and why OMAP 3 is more than sufficient and yet, you are going with your head through the wall, just like trisha02. Optimus Black has a 3630, but it's crap in every other department compared to N9.
Me too. Lol

Long live maemo. Btw im gonna buy n9 next week. Any advice which color thats looking cooler, white or black?

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
Me too. Lol

Long live maemo. Btw im gonna buy n9 next week. Any advice which color thats looking cooler, white or black?
Okay,the arguments about specs were one thing, but you did *NOT* just seriosuly ask advice on which which colour is cooler?

Aaaaahahahah!

(I'll give you a clue - have a look at themand see which one you like the look of most, it's probably that one... )

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tedri Mark For This Useful Post:
Ics seems to be better optimized and give better performance then gingerbread: http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index....UI_Performance

The Following User Says Thank You to Sniper_swe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
Optimus Black has a 3630, but it's crap in every other department compared to N9.
Well, as much as I like the N9, I can't help but think that your above statement is a bit too N9-biased.

1. Optimus Black has a hot-swappable MicroSD card slot. With a 64GB MicroSD, it'll beat the N9 64GB by 2GB. =P (also allows you to carry more than one microsd card. I don't do that regularly but I'm sure some will be doing this. Also like the idea that I can easily take it out and use it on my next phone or camera etc when it's time to sell it / bin it)

2. Has a 2MP front facing camera. N9 has a VGA camera at front. (according to the N9 camera dev at Nokia)

3. Has a brighter display. (should also have crisper looking small texts)

4. Has a user replaceable battery. (to some, this may be a HUGE difference)

5. Uses a normal sized SIM card. This is actually my biggest annoyance with the N9 (and soon the Lumia 800 etc) as I have multiple SIM cards and multiple phones. (for reviews, work, personal etc etc) I really hope all future phones from every manufacturer soon use a Micro SIM so that we don't have to worry about this. (IMO, Micro SIM makes sense considering it's smaller while doing the same job)

Hmm. I have no idea why I am even writing this up as I've never owned an Optimas Black nor care for one.

Anyways, N9 doesn't need ICS IMO. I doubt we'll get a perfectly working one anyways. Heck, even the N900 doesn't have one yet after so long. I much prefer the Swipe UI and its awesome OS. But I wish the hardware was better and had more apps that I use regularly on Android/WP7/iOS. (e.g. Official ebay app on WP7 is brilliant and is quite good on Android also. Much quicker and more effective than using a web browser that's for sure. Same goes for internet banking apps etc)

As a device, N9 is brilliant and OS is even better. It's just that Nokia or more like its decision makers up top don't want anything to do with it.

Last edited by jakiman; 2012-02-15 at 07:14.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Yeah I think patlak is being too biased.
I especially didn't appreciate when he apologized then immediately crapped over it with an insult. That's very condescending and dare I say obnoxious.

It's just fact that Nokia didn't give it all it had to the MeeGo project. If they did release the N9 before the holiday season (December) in 2010 then their shares/wealth would've been a completely different direction today. It's just a case of too little, too late -regardless of your level of bias.

Who knows if tomorrow some other OEM picks up the ball and makes a developer phone like the N900. LG and Acer are certainly heavy in that market, and possibly Samsung too with its "Tizen project".

I'd hate to see him throw a youtube tantrum one day and declare LG pwns Nokia or something immature like that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
lol, i just still so confused, black or white? or better go for sgs2 or maybe gNote?

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
lol, i just still so confused, black or white? or better go for sgs2 or maybe gNote?
Well, only you know the answer to that question. Especially if you even include Galaxy Note which is far more of a device overall than the N9 or SGS2. (due to far better/bigger/useful screen) I have a Note also and it does more things than any other phone I've ever had. (and does it better than most also - especially media consumption) However, N9 gives you an amazing multi-tasking UI/UX that WP/iOS/Android just cannot. (Not even remotely close!)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
white is very slippery, near dropped it a couple of times due to that...

The Following User Says Thank You to aRTee For This Useful Post:
Get a black 64gb. I did

The Following User Says Thank You to Sniper_swe For This Useful Post: