Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Some of you may have heard that there was a one off bug reported a while ago, where someone got their into full (yet buggy) portrait mode, but couldn’t recreate the circumstances to do it again. I’ve figured out how to recreate the bug, and here’s the how-to so you can try it out for yourself.

A full guide to force your n900 into portrait mode, and a heap of screenshots can be found here - may as well link you rather than quoting the whole thing!

Last edited by Kieron; 2009-12-18 at 02:25.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Kieron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 47 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Czerwionka, Poland
It works

The Following User Says Thank You to tomaszf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 47 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Czerwionka, Poland
After doing all steps, you can issue killall braek command. Screen will be normal, but still in portrait mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to tomaszf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 208 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ saint petersburg, fl
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=25

i liked my tutorial better a week ago. your pictures are pretty though.

Originally Posted by weirdbeard View Post
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=25

i liked my tutorial better a week ago. your pictures are pretty though.
Not much of a tutorial if I'm honest. And I didn't even see it, discovered it myself on the bus thursday night whilst fiddling with extras

Originally Posted by tomaszf View Post
After doing all steps, you can issue killall braek command. Screen will be normal, but still in portrait mode.
Guide updated accordingly, thanks for that!

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Thanks for the post. You say to download braek from extras-testing, but then give instructions to enable extras-devel. Which is correct?

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Thanks for the post. You say to download braek from extras-testing, but then give instructions to enable extras-devel. Which is correct?
Your right, thanks for spotting this out. It's actually extras-testing, but I screenshotted the devel instead. FYI, this is version 1.1-1. I'll update it immediately.

Excuse the discrepancy, it was 2am.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
This is an awesome find dude, Like ur blog too! ( when i get mine I cant wait to try this out)... but from what I seen in IMO conversations, Games (bounce so far from what is shown), and Fire fox web browsing work pretty good... thats all I would need until the firmware update for it officially.

Originally Posted by jalladin View Post
This is an awesome find dude, Like ur blog too! ( when i get mine I cant wait to try this out)... but from what I seen in IMO conversations, Games (bounce so far from what is shown), and Fire fox web browsing work pretty good... thats all I would need until the firmware update for it officially.
Cheers! In the process of theme changing for the blog atm, so it might be a little temperamental!

Yeah, I was surprised that a couple things worked. Especially Bounce, I thought that was a definite no-no.