Active Topics

Notices

Closer to the original topic of this thread, here's a quote from Google:
"We do not offer this feature on mobile browsers, and right now we have no plans to do so," Randall Sarafa, a spokesman for Mountain View, California-based Google, said yesterday. The company does offer Google Voice, a Web-based phone service that lets people associate themselves with a single phone number for inbound and outbound calls.
Of course, if you can get the full Gmail site (e.g., on your N900), this is not a problem for you. But I'm disappointed b/c the full Gmail site is slow on my N810. API to the rescue?

It's not the browser, it's the plugin they require.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ USA & UK
Topic >> ''Free Calling from Gmail ?''

[1920's voice]
''Not for long boys, not for long .. enjoy it while ya's can, ya heard !''

Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010
Hey can you call your google voice number or your Gizmo SIP or any other SIP number from within Gmail call? I tried both on Fedora (after successfully installing the plugins) and on Windows, for some reason they both fail.

Originally Posted by aalcalan958g View Post
It work for me ..what i do is open up dial central and it log in my account google voice i pick any one from address book click on dial i wait 2 to 3 second and it ring back to me ..i answer it and the other party that i'm calling is ringing until they pick up now i have call people and i have talk to them for as long as one hour with out any interuption on the phone and the conversation was very clear just like a normal phone call.I got a number they gave me register in cleveland and it connect to my nokia n900 i use alot of minutes and it doesn't show up in my tmo plan.
the caller id show the cleveland #
hmmm. what have you set your call-back # to in dialcentral? Mine was my t-mo #, and the minutes showed up in my t-mo log, counted against my limit. not free. Then I tried setting the call-back to my gvoice #, it was rejected. So i tried setting it to my old GizmoProjecxt #, bingo! That works, and it's a no-charge call in my Gizmo account. No t-mo minutes.