Active Topics

Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
Your opening statement is ridiculous. By your logic, I can't criticize a musical artist because I don't have a successful record deal.
everyone likes final versions and not alpha or beta

so you dont here to music, when it have only one note.
you listen to music when its done.

so when you want a beta and then critisize the bugs go ahead and download what you want ^^

that what i want to say is

no one is perfect. and everyone do his best.
they who think they are perfect... quit your life ^^

the bad words over companys are ridiculous.....

MeeGo becoming some kind of Android competitor is certainly out of the window.
But Nokia's R&D money will shrink a lot as Symbian is being killed(while still largest with Samsung) and i do honestly believe that this time they will do what they promised and keep MeeGo as future testing bed. That might mean that no devices after N9 or two devices next year, but i do believe they will develope it internally and see how N9 ecosystem gets on.

MeeGo being part of future distripution means just that, part of it. Though i'm certain that harmattan is by far the most developed inside project in Nokia.

Originally Posted by ajack View Post
in case WP7 turn into a turd..."
Personally I don't think it will, not outright anyway.
There are lots of WP7 fans out there who are eagerly awaiting a WP7 device from Nokia.
What I think will happen is they'll buy their WP7 Nokias and realise that they've just bought an iPhone in disguise when they realize they can't install anything unless they go through Ovistore (or whatever it's going to be called). They'll realize they can't rip CDs straight to the device unless they do so via Windows Media Player while connected to the web (so the DRM can be verified). They'll realize that anything other than M$ Thisthing and M$ Thathing will be crippled. Then those that do like to have a choice and don't like someone holding their hand while they use a bit of technology will realize they bought the wrong device.

But it could play out any way any how.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Personally I don't think it will, not outright anyway.
There are lots of WP7 fans out there who are eagerly awaiting a WP7 device from Nokia.
Don't make a mistake here: People like us, well informed about what runs on their devices are the minority.
The mass market doesn't care too much. Much is deceided between carriers and network operators as well as retailers. What's on display in the stores, but also what is in the media, gets bought.

But I must admit, those gadget review sites have some influence too.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lohner For This Useful Post:
vote for close this thread ^^

such threads should be closed immediately after they where created

I'm Out

The Following User Says Thank You to Erazor For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
And Elop promised there are _2_ MeeGo devices from Nokia by _2014_. That's very promising and exciting news for Nokia fans.
new people, new promises! Where is nokia suit for mac, official flash 10, voice navigation for maemo? After 3 years, nobody will cares about Meego, it will be just another broken promise.

if it is an iphone in disguise then the users will invent a jailbreaker in disguise
hehehe

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by bubor View Post
new people, new promises! Where is nokia suit for mac, official flash 10, voice navigation for maemo? After 3 years, nobody will cares about Meego, it will be just another broken promise.
What is a new guy for if he couldn't make more promises that so many would believe?

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by ajack View Post
Not true, MeeGo is changed from a "next generation OS to succeed high end smartphones thus pushing Symbian to mid-tier and low-end phones" to a "project in Nokia" aka "we are going with WP7 but will keep MeeGo in case WP7 turn into a turd..."
Keep thinking that but i can tell you one thing... whatever Nokia and M/S do IF it takes off then no way will either company invest in MeeGo in any way or form, rather it will be as it is now for further development by other companies certainly not Nokia thats for sure sure.

So is the N9 ever gonna see the light of day ?

Tags
bada blows, buysomethinelse, erics the idiot, goodbye nokia, nok+ms rox more, nokia's dead, oh so dead, so dead