Poll: Your view of maemo updates are:
Poll Options
Your view of maemo updates are:

Originally Posted by jedi View Post
What is a "PR 1.2" ?
Perhaps Released 1.2

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
What is a "PR 1.2" ?
PR = Pissed-off Retard.

It's basically someone waiting for a Nokia update but has unfortunately no patience whatsoever.

They also have a tendency to exhibit "lunacy". Constantly posting "where is the update?" knowing the outcome is the same (not ready for release yet).

Some have even started a "PR 1.3" thread. I could link to it here but do not want to encourage them.

"PR 1.2" is an update being developed and tested by Nokia for the n900. It has many bugfixes and includes QT (software that makes programs very shiney).

There are also rumours that the "PR 1.2" update can beat Chuck Norris in a fight (unconfirmed).

Many people consider the n900 still quite usable and prepared to wait for the update to be ready.

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Frankfurt, Germany
Originally Posted by johnel View Post
PR = Pissed-off Retard.
There are also rumours that the "PR 1.2" update can beat Chuck Norris in a fight (unconfirmed).
That's impossible, CN WORKS with Windows (without problems!). I'm sure he knows absolutely everything about the PR1.2 and after roundhousekicking the arctic monk even the secret release date...

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Happy to wait until it is ready and hopefully bug free.

Otherwise we can start yet another thread whining for a proper quick PR1.2.1 fix before the long wait (and whining) for PR1.3 begins.

Tags
hat with gonads, not again!, really again?, what again?, worstthreadever, yes again!