Active Topics

Originally Posted by qole View Post
The WP7 stories weren't red herrings, they are nothing but hot-air speculation.
Does that mean the WebOS tie in is correct then?

If so it has taken over 30,000 views of this thread and 550 posts for me to work this out since I started the thread!!

I just sorry i have to work tomorrow and miss Elop presentation.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
I thought that www.elop.org was a funny tag.

Then I wrote the URl on my browser and was LOLing for real.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
The WP7 stories weren't red herrings, they are nothing but hot-air speculation.
All the "WP" rumors are based on misunderstanding a leak about Nokia buying Corel. An aging mobile platform plus a nearly forgotten productivity suite will be pure win!

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
Quim Gil is hinting at a try up with WebOS
Now, this is something I would like to come true. Not holding my breath, though, too many rumors, too little information.

And Nokia stock is down almost 7% right now.

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
Does that mean the WebOS tie in is correct then?
I think you're just reading way too much into it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jsa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by cBeam View Post
Now, this is something I would like to come true. Not holding my breath, though, too many rumors, too little information.

And Nokia stock is down almost 7% right now.
but it was up 14% last i looked so its just levelling back to normality no need to read much into that

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
From Wikipedia -> WebOS - > Platform:

Underneath the graphical user interface sits a software stack that has much in common with mainstream Linux distributions for desktop computers. WebOS 1.0.x used — among other components — the Linux kernel 2.6.24,[58] Upstart, GStreamer as a multimedia framework, libpurple for instant messaging, Simple DirectMedia Layer (SDL) for game programming, PulseAudio for audio management, and WebKit.[59] Applications for webOS are written in JavaScript, HTML, AJAX, and some other common 'web' technologies, which is handled by WebKit, as well as C and C++. It supports streaming video in RTSP, H.263, and H.264 formats.[60]

Although some applications available on webOS version 1 devices were visually similar to applications that had been available on Palm OS, webOS was a completely new platform. Palm commissioned a developer, MotionApps, to code a Palm OS emulator called Classic for webOS version 1. PalmOS emulation is reportedly discontinued in webOS version 2.0.[61]

The current webOS software development kit (SDK), Mojo, was released July 20, 2009.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by maniacattack View Post
1992 by IBM with a phone called SIMON.
SIMON didn't have smartphone features, did it? could you download and install applications for SIMON?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Nokia and hp.. sitting in a tree...
K-I-S-S-I-N-G...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Hmmm...HP keeps WebOS, Nokia keeps MeeGo, but since both are basically mobile Linux distros they agree on a common app base via Qt integration? Maybe Nokia's flavor of MeeGo gets some WebOS UI goodies?
Registered Linux user #266531.

Tags
bye-nokia, i don't even, just shoot him, just shoot me, let's elope, lockdown, meego?fail, negatron dan, nokia defiled, nokia suicide, sell tulips, step 8 out of 5, the-end?, www.elop.org