Originally Posted by InoHacker View Post
But if i connect my n900 to PC - сharging goes.
WTF ??
Thanks for any solutions ...

sorry for my english ....
the N900 has a know bug with wall chargers

Please, dont create several threads about the same problem. Use the aready existing one: N900 + DC-11 charging problems

cy there

The Following User Says Thank You to clasificado For This Useful Post:
Actually that thread is about a different problem with an external battery pack.

I'm suffering from the same problem as the original poster and searching the forums for information. Starting last night I had a crash that made me reflash the tablet.

Since then it will charge perfectly over a USB port connected to a variety of computers but it will not charger from either the original wall charger it came with or an identical charger bought from amazon. Simply no response.

Tried rebooting, tried pulling the battery, tried everything I can think of.

For those that have a working wall charger, do you get anything on dmesg when you insert the connector for the wall charger? I do not.

Is it hardware or software? I reflashed the system and that seems to be what started this mess. Time to call Nokia warranty unless someone has some ideas.

Very same issue here... I've even bought a new NOKIA wall-charger; still nothing. USB charging works perfectly as well as reflashing for 2 times since the issue presented itself yesterday. Real strange error... ideas pls

I have the same problem. Received my N900 yesterday. Removing battery does not work, also other solutions fail.

But I found a solution. Charging with the USB via the computer works, and you can use the charge-adapter. This accesoire (that came with my N900) lets you use a different charger. So I hooked up my Nokia E61 charger en plugged it into my new N900 via the USB-charger-convertor (charger adapter CA146-C) and it works!

Look for more information about the charger adapter on
http://europe.nokia.com/find-product...dapter-ca-146c

There are different solutions for charging. Take a look at

http://www.cellularfactory.com/pro.jsp?c=447049

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by Joost Van Cauwenbergh View Post
I have the same problem. Received my N900 yesterday. Removing battery does not work, also other solutions fail.

But I found a solution. Charging with the USB via the computer works, and you can use the charge-adapter. This accesoire (that came with my N900) lets you use a different charger. So I hooked up my Nokia E61 charger en plugged it into my new N900 via the USB-charger-convertor (charger adapter CA146-C) and it works!

Look for more information about the charger adapter on
http://europe.nokia.com/find-product...dapter-ca-146c
You should stop using that adapter, it's known to get extremely hot and eventually melt.

So any solutions for the problem? The problem defininitely does not lie with the charger because I can use it for other devices successfully. And it doesnt lie with the phone because usb charging works successfully.
so what could be it?

I think I've found out the problem but it would be nice if someone could confirm it.

There are 5 pins on the male charger. The 2 pins on the extremes are supposed to be at a certain height for successfull connection. But in my case i used my charger to connect to a SE headset which has all the pins on the same level on it's (female) port. This bent the pins on my chargers (male) port. So when i connect to my phone now those 2 pins on the extremes are unable to connect and hence charging does not commence. Unless i can bend those pins to a higher position.

had the same issue ( n900 would not charge with wall charger). Installing HEN (usb hostmode gui) fixed it though.

Originally Posted by porselinaheart View Post
had the same issue ( n900 would not charge with wall charger). Installing HEN (usb hostmode gui) fixed it though.
how u install it on m i says application conflict with kernel