Notices

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by nbkjbmj View Post
Does anybody has my problem: after upgrading recently, nQaap won't startup?
What version are you referring to as the latest? n8x0 or n900? Which firmware version? Do you feel comfortable launching from the command line?

Code:
/opt/Nqa-Audiobook-player/nqaap_gtk.py
and provide the text output so I can see what the error is and where it is coming from?

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
I am using latest version of nqaap (0.8.7-0), and my device is N900, firmware version is 20.2010.36-2.002. I also attached the screenshot of command line output, following your instruction. Thanks for helping.

Originally Posted by epage View Post
What version are you referring to as the latest? n8x0 or n900? Which firmware version? Do you feel comfortable launching from the command line?

Code:
/opt/Nqa-Audiobook-player/nqaap_gtk.py
and provide the text output so I can see what the error is and where it is coming from?
Attached Images

I am using latest version of nqaap (0.8.7-0), and my device is N900, firmware version is 20.2010.36-2.002. I also attached the screenshot of command line output, following your instruction. Thanks for helping.
That is a very bizarre error, not sure how your settings got into that state. I'm prepping a build that works around this issue.

Sadly to do some confusion on my part, I might have lost the fix I put into 0.8.7 and cannot figure out what it was....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Thanks a lot. Today I see it's back after I upgraded it.

Originally Posted by epage View Post
That is a very bizarre error, not sure how your settings got into that state. I'm prepping a build that works around this issue.

Sadly to do some confusion on my part, I might have lost the fix I put into 0.8.7 and cannot figure out what it was....

Thanks for this app. It's such a simple and easy way to for listen to audiobooks!

I have been using it for a while now and have a few things that I think could improve the app. Even if you could manage to just fix the volume control one I'd be happy

• There seems to be a bug when pressing the power button as this will interrupt the playback briefly.

• No volume control once device is locked.

• Very long filenames (e.g. 81 chars) causes display problems: cover art disappears and the controls can be off the screen. Breaking the name into multiple lines or truncating it could be a solution.

• Ability to select multiple audiobook folders (e.g. SD Card & MyDocs) or bookmarked folders would be handy.

• A minor issue I had was when the mp3 files were named CD1.01... 12,CD2.01... 13 etc. nQaap referred to them as the total number of chapters in the folder so it was difficult to know which file it was currently playing. Since noticing this I simply rename the files concurrently upon transferring them.

Originally Posted by Cas07 View Post
Thanks for this app. It's such a simple and easy way to for listen to audiobooks!

I have been using it for a while now and have a few things that I think could improve the app. Even if you could manage to just fix the volume control one I'd be happy

• There seems to be a bug when pressing the power button as this will interrupt the playback briefly.

• No volume control once device is locked.

• Very long filenames (e.g. 81 chars) causes display problems: cover art disappears and the controls can be off the screen. Breaking the name into multiple lines or truncating it could be a solution.

• Ability to select multiple audiobook folders (e.g. SD Card & MyDocs) or bookmarked folders would be handy.

• A minor issue I had was when the mp3 files were named CD1.01... 12,CD2.01... 13 etc. nQaap referred to them as the total number of chapters in the folder so it was difficult to know which file it was currently playing. Since noticing this I simply rename the files concurrently upon transferring them.
All sounds very reasonable. If you could please file enhancement requests for each item so I don't forget them as I'm juggling my various projects.

Hi there and thanks for a great app! I have one problem though. Since an update for about two versions ago the resume function stoped working. Are there anyone else that shares my problem? And how is i fixed? I have tried installing it again but no luck

Originally Posted by spawwn View Post
Hi there and thanks for a great app! I have one problem though. Since an update for about two versions ago the resume function stoped working. Are there anyone else that shares my problem? And how is i fixed? I have tried installing it again but no luck
I think on update some people lost there current locations (hard to tell since I might have deleted my settings) but since it looks like it is working for me.

What file format? Mind sending a log (~/.nqaap/nqaap.log)?

My Continuing stopped too, and the log says:

( 3589) INFO MainThread.Player.load: continuing book: 02碧血剑
(3590) ERROR MainThread.Player.load: Audiobook was not found Traceback (most recent call last):
File " /opt/nqaap/lib/Player.py", line 58, in load bookPath = self._bookPaths [lastBookName]
KeyError: u' 02\u78a7\u8840\u5251 '

Looks like it won't recognize Chinese Characters or any other non english, because when I changed name to numbers only, it works fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to nbkjbmj For This Useful Post:
My Continuing stopped too, and the log says:

( 3589) INFO MainThread.Player.load: continuing book: 02碧血剑
(3590) ERROR MainThread.Player.load: Audiobook was not found Traceback (most recent call last):
File " /opt/nqaap/lib/Player.py", line 58, in load bookPath = self._bookPaths [lastBookName]
KeyError: u' 02\u78a7\u8840\u5251 '

Looks like it won't recognize Chinese Characters or any other non english, because when I changed name to numbers only, it works fine.
Thanks for helping figure out what the cause was!

I'd like to get a fix in this week but I am unsure because this is a pretty busy week. Could you be sure to file me a bug report so I don't lose track of this issue?