Notices

Here's a conversion i just did of PyRunner, a completely python based Lode Runner clone.

This is essentially a maemo-friendly rework of the original sources here (not my site) : http://meeg.elvenrealms.net/pyrunner/index.html

It will require Python 2.5 libraries be installed although i might be able to lower this dependency to 2.4 in a future package.

If you look at the screens there you will see i actually took the bright graphics of version 1 and used with the version 2 code.

I remapped the keys to this :
DPad : movement
Zoom Out : dig left/switchleft
Zoom In : dig right/switchright
Fullscreen : Hint
Back/Esc : Pause
Menu : Kill (if stuck in impossible location)
Home : Exit Program (ran out of keys so this will exit and pop up task list... just hit again to close task list)

Also when -loading- levels you should be able to use DPad Up to skip to the next level.. kind of necessary without a save feature.

When you load it will ask for name... just tap screen then hit dpad center (enter) and you will start the game.

Package is available here (thanks to Khertans PyPackager program) :
http://wardenclyffetower.com/MaemoFi...Runner-1.0.deb

Let me know if there are any issues with the installer.

There are 10 levels which the author included with the program but the format of the map files are self-documenting text files. Therefore you could design your own levels or possibly find more on the internet. Look in /usr/lib/pyrunner/data directory for these level files.

Last edited by pipeline; 2007-12-19 at 02:15.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pipeline For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Two words: Awe Some!

T.

Man... I used to play Lode Runner on a Mac Classic (which was just 'the Mac' then !) some 20 years ago... Now running it in Python on the tablet... I just gotta do this ! :-)
Thanks !

i updated the package to include new key bindings (listed above) for skipping levels and reset/kill if player is stuck.

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Canada
i will like it.
with the help of others and my effort to google internet, I solved some confusions. this is my experience.

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Vancouver, BC
Since the thread was revived I've downloaded and installed it, but nothing happens when I run it. What gives?

works for me on diablo.

Do you have python installed? I think when i made this deb installer I didnt add python as dependency so you need to make sure thats installed.

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Canada
Originally Posted by pipeline View Post
works for me on diablo.

Do you have python installed? I think when i made this deb installer I didnt add python as dependency so you need to make sure thats installed.
which one? PyMaemo?
with the help of others and my effort to google internet, I solved some confusions. this is my experience.

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Vancouver, BC
Originally Posted by pipeline View Post
I thought I did. Can you list the names of the required libs?

In xterm :
sudo gainroot
apt-get update
apt-get install python2.5-runtime

The Following User Says Thank You to pipeline For This Useful Post: