Notices

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Earth, Milky-way Galaxy
Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
Sounds like the authentication dialog is not loading...checked that your internet connection is working!?

I think MAG wants to have this baby "feature complete" first. We should wait until he clarifies what he wants and needs...
E.g. which of the suggestions so far he likes best, if he wants to keep it Maemo-style or more Harmattan-like...
thanks for the reply my internet connection is working well, but still no solution for this issue, can MAG SOLVE IT?

Nokia N900 (48GB): Maemo 5 PR 1.3 CSSU Smeamo6

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Being a downer and wrong is no way to go through life, son.
Damn Ericcson, where do you learn this ancient Art of Self Ownage from?

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by pious_momin View Post
thanks for the reply my internet connection is working well, but still no solution for this issue, can MAG SOLVE IT?
Check your date/time, QWebKit doesn't handle errors internally and I never implemented it.

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Earth, Milky-way Galaxy
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Check your date/time, QWebKit doesn't handle errors internally and I never implemented it.
i tried changing my time format to 12hrs and it worked :-) THANKS BRO

Nokia N900 (48GB): Maemo 5 PR 1.3 CSSU Smeamo6

a new update arrived maemo 5 20-2010-36-2
summary ...the maemo update requires nokia pc suite ......
and problems "unable to update maemo 5
application package missing : heldon-desktop (=1:2.2.140-1+Om5)

and is there any method to update if the usb is dead

Not sure if this is the correct place for development suggestions however....

It would be cool if we could have a widget/status bar option to disable/enable sociality from running in the background. At present if I want it to run in background I have to launch the app, tick the setting and close the app and then do the reverse if I want to disable (say I want to disable overnight as found it tends to use up memory and don't want to be pestered by notifications).

Be good if we could just do this from status bar, just like online/offline option.

Actually, just tick the option in Settings, when you want it not to run in the background, use menu -> Quit, this overrides the setting and quits the app, should've mentioned that before eh?

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Actually, just tick the option in Settings, when you want it not to run in the background, use menu -> Quit, this overrides the setting and quits the app, should've mentioned that before eh?
Bravo sir, you rock my world. Status bar plugin would be cool though. Not essential.

Great!!! If Maemo-nity is a religion, MAG, you are my god!...

Love the app run in background feature, now I can just let it run on my GPRS and always be live!

Will update it tonight...

A quick question: Hows the CPU like when it is running in background?? No battery drain??

For things like notifications, it's way too light, for the news feed, it might push CPU to 70% for 5 secs on each update.

I massively improved the next version, right now, I'm deleting all items in the view and recreating them, which takes CPU time, the next version will update the current items and create new ones at the top.

FYI, the news feed isn't refreshed unless the news feed window is opened once, to "delete" the window from memory and disable updates (till it's opened again), use CTRL+Q in the news feed window.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:

Tags
facebook, facebook client