Hi All,

I dont know when this bug was fixed, but in the USA I was never able to pay using a credit card, as my provider is a MVNO using AT&T network, so the Nokia Store app insisted on paying through the phone bill !!

I had logged in a complaint with Nokia Support few months ago, and also included my N8 as a device there as N9 is not official in USA.

I always had to remove the sim card to be able to pay using credit card.

But all is well now, I can simply add a credit card and pay.

Cheers!!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
What? people still using credit cards in US. That is so 1991.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
My problem was never Nokia not accepting a card. It was the card company considering Nokia (in particular Nokia USA) to be a shady business, which was blocked/banned by MC, Visa, and Novus. I had to use my AmEx to purchase my initial N900, and even they called me within a minute of the transaction asking if I had made the purchase...

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
My problem was never Nokia not accepting a card. It was the card company considering Nokia (in particular Nokia USA) to be a shady business, which was blocked/banned by MC, Visa, and Novus. I had to use my AmEx to purchase my initial N900, and even they called me within a minute of the transaction asking if I had made the purchase...
I had this problem with the N8, why on earth an AMEX is considered a shady card is beyond me...

Needless to say Nokia US did not get my business for the N8.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
I never had issues with CC companies as such, Visa always let my transaction through, just that I had to remove my sim card to convince the Nokia store app that I am not angering the lords at AT&T by bypassing their billing, even though I am not an AT&T customer!!!!!!!

My credit card company called me when I purchased my N8 through NokiaUSA's website. Actually they called me every time I purchased something off of that site.

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
That's ******** nokia store doesn't accept paypal btw.