Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ It's dark in here. I hear laughing.
Zutun is a desktop applet that allows direct entry of todo list items to todo list services on the Internet. Three services are currently supported: Toodledo (at http://www.toodledo.com), Voo2do (at http://www.voo2do/com), and Remember the Milk (at http://www.rememberthemilk.com). Online and offline entry of todo list items is implemented.

This is the first beta release of Zutun. It's not quite ready for public consumption, but under the "Release Early Release Often" mantra, I'll trust the good graces of the Maemo community.

New features for the beta release include:
  • Remember the Milk support: Selecting RTM on the configuration dialog will pull up the browser and allow you to authorize Zutun with Remember the Milk.
  • Better todo item entry: This includes a calendar for selecting due dates and a pull-down box for priorities/
  • Locking the entry dialog: This allows you to enter multiple entries with the same settings. The todo item clears, but the dialog stays up. I use this at meetings to enter multiple todo items.

The home page for Zutun is at http://zutun.garage.maemo.org. You can find instructions and screenshots there. I have not updated this for this beta release (remember the Release Early thing). Don't use the install button there.

Feedback is welcomed and desired! The Zutun page on Garage has forums and bug list for your use! Goto https://garage.maemo.org/projects/zutun/

The .deb file is on Garage AT THIS LINK. It is also attached below. I have not posted to the Extras repository yet (I still have to figure out the autobuilder).

Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: deb zutun_0.99-0_all.deb (29.2 KB, 190 views)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to frethop For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Thanks, frethop! Does Zutun provide a way to check and modify ToDo's while offline? Or can it accommodate, say, RememberTheMilk with Google Gears so that you can check and modify ToDo's offline? And if not RememberTheMilk does offline work with Toodledo or Voo2Do (for which your link has a / where it wants a .)

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ It's dark in here. I hear laughing.
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
Thanks, frethop! Does Zutun provide a way to check and modify ToDo's while offline? Or can it accommodate, say, RememberTheMilk with Google Gears so that you can check and modify ToDo's offline? And if not RememberTheMilk does offline work with Toodledo or Voo2Do (for which your link has a / where it wants a .)
Oops...sorry for the bad URL.

Voo2do and Toodledo work offline as well as on. I have not tested RTM very well offline. I'll be verifying that for the beta 2 release.

You can't modify or check any of these services through Zutun. Zutun is only an entry applet.

You sound like you are choosing a service to use. I use Toodledo and have tried the others. Remember the Milk is very nice; Toodledo has a better Web interface, IMHO.

It would be interesting to see what services other ITT folks use.

Originally Posted by frethop View Post

You sound like you are choosing a service to use.
Right you are. I'll give ToodleDo shot. Thanks!

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

I installed it, but having no luck. After it installed it appeared on the screen, when I choose RTM it opened the browser but it just hung in front of the browser not allowing me to interact. I left it alone for a few minutes but it just sat there. I had to reboot. Once I was back up I tried to select it as a desktop applet. I had to chose it 3 times before anything happened. The 3rd time it crashed the desktop and cleared all my applets, now that's all it does. Guess I'll try again next release.

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Long Island
I had the EXACT experience as above.

N800 with 4.2008.36-5. Lot's of python based apps installed including Python Launcher.

Last edited by bluesubaru; 2008-11-14 at 19:47.

Originally Posted by frethop View Post
Voo2do and Toodledo work offline as well as on. I have not tested RTM very well offline. I'll be verifying that for the beta 2 release.

You sound like you are choosing a service to use. I use Toodledo and have tried the others. Remember the Milk is very nice; Toodledo has a better Web interface, IMHO.

First off, sorry about hijacking your announcement and info on your program for this discussion of web-based to-do lists, but ...

I've started using ToodleDo and I like the interface. But as far as I can tell it does not yet provide for offline use. See, e.g., here and here.

It seems to me that there would have to be a program that installed in the Tablet for there to be offline access. (How else could it format the info; how could you use a search function; etc.) Are you sure you've used ToodleDo while you're not online? How do you do it?

Thanks in advance.

Help Save This Forum

@nef919 and bluesubaru: Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to make that happen. Can you tell me what tablet and OS you were using (you may have to load some python bindings)?

@Geraldko: My bad....I forgot you were interested in offline. I have not done offline with Toodledo. I don't know if any work with offline access.

The Following User Says Thank You to frethop For This Useful Post:
n810 running 4.2008.36-5

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
(Sorry, I posted in the forum on https://garage.maemo.org/projects/zutun/ before I found this.)

I had the same experience as nef919.
I am also running 4.2008.36-5 on an n810.

Is this a generic problem with python support on the n810 not allowing application switching? (I have no idea, I don't know anything about python.) I've noticed that even before I hit the "OK" button to bring up the RTM page to authorize access for Zutun, I am unable to switch to any other applications. If I hit "Cancel" instead, I go right back to normal operations.