Hi everyone,

First off, I'd like to thank you all for maintaining this amazing resource and allowing me to learn more about how to bring my favourite old phone back to life. I've tried as much as I can to get this working, but I think I've hit a wall.

In short, I'm trying to install Emojifix on my N9 (RM-696, revision 1603; DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3.299.1_PR_299). I can't enable developer mode until my repos are updated, N9repomirror 0.7.2 didn't work, and version 0.6.0 only cleared aegis.ssu-keyring-001.list - 299.list remains and I can't delete, modify or overwrite it on the device (access denied).

I tried repacking the N9repomirror .deb to clear the 299.list file, but the installation got interrupted. I also used the flasher on Ubuntu to try to find the root partition and delete the file, but it's not "seeing" any of the partitions. When I try mounting, it says "No such file or directory".

I'm starting to lose hope with this one, but thankful for the learning experience (I'm not an advanced user by any means) and that I haven't bricked my phone.

Any help or suggestions you can provide would make me infinitely grateful!

*** UPDATE ***

Fixed!

1. Flashed firmware from 299 to 480 (Switzerland)
2. Installed N9repomirror 0,7.2 without issue and activated developer mode
3. Disabled aegis using hack .deb
4. Used terminal to install 2 Emojifix .deb files via aegis-dpkg
5. Installed Harmoji to enable viewing of emojis

Thanks all for responding so quickly - it's a true testament to the strength of the community that I was able to figure out a solution within 24 hours of asking. Enjoy what's left of your summer!

Last edited by hungryforapples; 2020-08-11 at 18:35. Reason: Found a solution

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hungryforapples For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
IIRC there were reports for devices on which the installation of n9repomirror just did not work. We did not get to the cause for this!
Discussiin is buried somewhere in this forum.Maybe you already found and followed?

BUT thre is still hope: ubiboot.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
I haven't tried it, but maybe it is possible to install dev.mode by manually downloading and installing the deb-s?

I have no idea in which order these should be installed, or should they all be installed or maybe just few selected ones will suffice.

Maybe, if you don't need root access, you could install apps by hand using file manager. Install your preferred file manager by transfering it to the n9 via bluetooth, for example, and then starting an install from the transfer window. Could be, that devices date should be set back to 2015 or earlier for install to succeed.

Last edited by veeall; 2020-08-11 at 07:43.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to veeall For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by veeall View Post
I haven't tried it, but maybe it is possible to install dev.mode by manually downloading and installing the deb-s?

I have no idea in which order these should be installed, or should they all be installed or maybe just few selected ones will suffice.

Maybe, if you don't need root access, you could install apps by hand using file manager. Install your preferred file manager by transfering it to the n9 via bluetooth, for example, and then starting an install from the transfer window. Could be, that devices date should be set back to 2015 or earlier for install to succeed.
Wow, if I could install all these manually without root, it would be the answer to all my problems. Does anyone know the order in which I should install them? And will it activate dev mode automatically, or do I need to flip the switch myself?

The Following User Says Thank You to hungryforapples For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hungryforapples View Post
Wow, if I could install all these manually without root, it would be the answer to all my problems. Does anyone know the order in which I should install them? And will it activate dev mode automatically, or do I need to flip the switch myself?
Tried doing this once without success, but perhaps trying to install debs in incorrect order. You obviously have your reasons for sticking with Sweden Country Variant DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3.299.1_PR_299, but may have to accept using different firmware to circumvent issue with N9 Repomirror. You don'y mention whether you have this 299 firmware stored locally as I doubt that will be able to source it now if "flash" is needed.

No doubt you have across this thread concerning Repomirror although offering no solutions: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96018

Last edited by aspergerguy; 2020-08-11 at 11:25. Reason: Addition

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Tried doing this once without success, but perhaps trying to install debs in incorrect order. You obviously have your reasons for sticking with Sweden Country Variant DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3.299.1_PR_299, but may have to accept using different firmware to circumvent issue with N9 Repomirror. You don'y mention whether you have this 299 firmware stored locally as I doubt that will be able to source it now if "flash" is needed.

No doubt you have across this thread concerning Repomirror although offering no solutions: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96018
I was able to install the terminal, and not much else. Other than Ubiboot, I'm starting to think flashing to another firmware might be my only option. Do you know which firmware will support N9repomirror 0.7.2?

Thanks for everyone's help so far. If anyone has any further ideas, please let me know!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hungryforapples For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
Originally Posted by hungryforapples View Post
I was able to install the terminal, and not much else. Other than Ubiboot, I'm starting to think flashing to another firmware might be my only option. Do you know which firmware will support N9repomirror 0.7.2?

Thanks for everyone's help so far. If anyone has any further ideas, please let me know!
Should support any firmware

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ancelad View Post
Should support any firmware
Спасибо! Big fan of your work.

The Following User Says Thank You to hungryforapples For This Useful Post: