Active Topics

Closed Thread
Since I was the only one last night that spoke up against the ethical and legal issues with distributing an obtained RC of 1.2 - and got ridiculed and cursed at numerous times without the moderator at hand doing a thing about it - I thought it at least ended well with Reggie closing the thread with the statement:

""Please do not distribute or link to any non-official beta, early release, or hacked files here in maemo.org. It is against Nokia's EULA and considered illegal. Members doing so may be legally charged with copyright infringement. We advice that you stop proliferating such files immediately.

Let's put a stop on it her right now. Please stop sharing the illegal file(s) on other threads, your signatures, or private messages.

For the community, please report posts and/or members who are still linking to the illegal files. The posts will be deleted and the reported members may be banned.

Thank you.""

So for everyone who is touting that this is a great community - maybe stop for a second and consider that your actions are going against what the actual forum administrator states - and how your posts about a one month old RC is now clogging up the forum for absolutely no point at all since it's an old RC and any 'testing' you may think you are doing is not even valid.

I will be a good forum member and do what the administrator asks of us - to report anyone continuing to link/spread this RC and hoping that that person does indeed get banned.

I also got a bucket of crow for selected people to chow down on.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to bummer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Useless thread.

The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to x61 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
Is this your way of flaunting your 'victory' over the hundreds of people disagreeing with you? How lame.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Patola For This Useful Post:
isnt the hong kong n900 running the exact same firmware though?? if so it cant be that bad can it??

also just because the rc pr1.2 was compressed in a rar file about 4 weeks ago doesnt make it an old rc wasnt the update due at the end of march and wasnt we told via twitter updates that the update has been frozen for weeks?? so it could infact be the final rc

i do agree though that it shouldnt be spread about etc

i just think that because the rc pr1.2 was 4 weeks old doesnt make it a bad thing

The Following User Says Thank You to buxz777 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
My spoon is too big.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Useless thread.
nope. these questions were useless in another thread but all the questions are valid.

e: I of course disagree with about anything.

1. banning and heavily moderating conversations only force the conversations to be done in another place.

and as texrat told already, tmo isn't enforcing nokias procedures unless nokia says so in the first place.

this is internet. the fw packet can not be deleted anymore. nor all the conversation concerning it. that's why it is good to keep the people downloading etc here: they can start whining how their device is in a reboot loop.... and the most important part: skeptics can all write good old
told you so
-phrases
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Last edited by ossipena; 2010-05-02 at 18:11.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
nope. these questions were useless in another thread but all the questions are valid.

e: I of course disagree with about anything.

1. banning and heavily moderating conversations only force the conversations to be done in another place.

and as texrat told already, tmo isn't enforcing nokias procedures unless nokia says so in the first place.

this is internet. the fw packet can not be deleted anymore. nor all the conversation concerning it. that's why it is good to keep the people downloading etc here: they can start whining how their device is in a reboot loop.... and the most important part: skeptics can all write good old
-phrases
Yes, questions are valid,but it's the lammer post I have ever read (including my own posts of course)

Last edited by rpgAmazon; 2010-05-02 at 18:19.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Nottingham
nothing to do with me.

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Knowhere
We're looking for a Prime Minister here in the UK bummer, we could do with someone as principled as you.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Frequently_asked_questions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900

The Following User Says Thank You to hellnick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ T.M.O
Thanks(honest one) for providing the post by Reggie again. Cause others may have missed it before. But, since it is now clear that the leaked PR1.2 RC file is not to be shared on T.M.O. This serves as a more visible reminder. For a while at least.

Post By Reggie
Please do not distribute or link to any non-official beta, early release, or hacked files here in maemo.org. It is against Nokia's EULA and considered illegal. Members doing so may be legally charged with copyright infringement. We advice that you stop proliferating such files immediately.

Let's put a stop on it her right now. Please stop sharing the illegal file(s) on other threads, your signatures, or private messages.

For the community, please report posts and/or members who are still linking to the illegal files. The posts will be deleted and the reported members may be banned.

Thank you.

But for the other additions.. just STFU.. and stop blowing your horn.
Thanks again

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to un-named_user For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
fanbois cries, op is a bummer, op is a downer, the law