The phrase "when you're a hammer everything looks like a nail" comes to mind when I think of Elop. He's stunningly myopic. Nokia will not survive the Elop mistake.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Symbian DOES sell well, Windows phones AREN'T
Isn't it so, that those old symbians are still outselling WP-devices

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by imo View Post
does it matter what you think or phrase ???
NO,it does not !!
It does. Just like yours sometimes.

Most of the time, when I am debating with friends on smartphones topic, they and their iPhone, me with my harmattan, they would just call me being hipster, or some idiots. Why not iPhone, why not Android. They are oblivious, in so many ways.
I am not trying to say Windows phone are bad, but just not good enough. If Symbian is a burning platform, then WP must be the sun itself. They are just burning themselves. Sure, american telco makes huge difference, and if any manufacturer could convince them, their phones can sell well, strictly in US only, though.
Why not Europe and Asia? Even South American has a larger market. But no, Elop says, if Apple can sell a phone at premium, I want, too, by firing 10000 people just so he can gives away the lumia for free. Nokia was never about premium, it is about bringing features to the people. Exception like Vertu (The bastards even sell away Vertu for one undisclosed amount, must be small) and Nokia 8800. Nokia could have patented SMS, they could have patented antenna-less design. But they did not, I am Asian myself, and I admired Europeans a lot.
As Soviets often say, Capitalist Pig, they were right.

Posts: 216 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Mars
I think even the Nokia 3310 sells way better than Lumias

Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
My opinion is his job is to bankrupt Nokia & destroy its competing OS'es and blame problems on sales staff so that MS can buy the company cheap and use the Nokia patents to patent troll
and an investigation needs to be done into the board to find the bribes and/or blackmail since as you say it is obvious where he goes company goes bankrupt or bought by another company.
Ahem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon's_razor

He's just trying to do his job, and not doing it very well. This fits more with what we know about him than these crazy conspiracy theories that he actually knows what he's doing.

Well, I am only familiar with Occam's, but not Hanlon's.

By the way, these are all my personal assumption. He is doing his job, and we are discussing his strategy. Maybe he is a mole by Microsoft, or just a genius at ruining huge company, we never know for sure. For one thing, I hate his strategy.

Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Ahem.
...This fits more with what we know about him than these crazy conspiracy theories that he actually knows what he's doing.
I don't know, maybe he just is a dirty pig with a talented puppeteer How he could be so high at the food chain with those brain cells? Or maybe it's just not such a thankful job, that no one else wants, which might be more likely But I wouldn't be surprised if microsoft had it's evil fat fingers in the game doing their dirty work. That's what atleast political leaders traditionally in USA are good at, repeating lies and doing cheap tricks, and this might be just that. Business as usual with no ethics. Though... the fail was not being able to deliver.

I wonder when will his contract ends? Will he keep saying: "Trust me, it is going to work. Just give me more time. Look at this overly-optimistic projected market sales, it will succeed. Worse come to worse, I will just take your millions, and Nokia go bankrupt. What can be worse?"

Darn, I am scaring myself already

Tags
schit 4 brains, stupid rant