Originally Posted by dsawhney View Post
Try clearing apt cache,

Devel-su
rm /var/cache/apt/archives/*.deb

You can also try disabling developer mode
I removed the apt cache you mentionned, I also used QAD cleaner to remove /home/user/.cache and /.grob/cahe.
I've disabled AND uninstalled developer mode...
Restarted device... and same issue Any other recommendation?

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
dsawhney, I just wanted to chime in and say thanks on behalf of this forum for helping out folks in this thread. Great to see that kind of stuff still going on...
Thanks gerbick. I was almost starting to lose hope for the community after the inevitable death of Maemo5 but glad there's still good members out there

The Following User Says Thank You to IsaacDFP For This Useful Post:
after flashing 1.2 i got warning about changing firmware as some others.

İ tried to flash back to original image it gave error but completed. Booted the phone. but phone doesnt recognize the sim. it says a error happened while reading the card.

Which 1.2 version has no warning at start, i want to flash to that. or what should i do?

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ houston, tx
if you have downloaded files from navifirm - TWO qs

1. did you use nokia care or prod external?
2. what did you use to flash with?

I have a N9 that is still at PR1.0 that i will have to update twice it seems as i dont think you can just go from 1.0 to 1.2 - correct?
So...id like the most reliable - least painful way

EDIT:
is this thread the best way to flash?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82693

Last edited by javid; 2012-03-01 at 20:13.

mine was 1.1 . i changed the product code and used nokia software updater. At the end of the installation it gave error or sth. İ tried the open and it said warning about changed firmware. So i used win flasher this time to flash with images from navifirm.

at first flash,it finished with success for 1.2 but gave warning as well

at second for 1.1 gave error but completed. (simcard errors after boot)

at third for 1.1 again gave error at the end (simcard errors again)

errors :
bb5 rdc cert read failed
mtc nos ready not received

note: i used navifirm+ nokia care suite to download

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ San Fran
This exact thing happend to me, There is def something new added to the new updates that is screwing over some people.

Did it with Phoenix from 1.0 to 1.1 and now from 1.1 to 1.2, never had any problems whatsoever.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vaterix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Ireland
Best feature for me was getting all the original wallpapers back which I lost due to a reset. That and the little swoosh you get when you close an app

Originally Posted by Vaterix View Post
Did it with Phoenix from 1.0 to 1.1 and now from 1.1 to 1.2, never had any problems whatsoever.
have you ever tried winflasher?
Im trying to understand what would be the least risky method - Phoenix or Winflasher?

Originally Posted by javid View Post
have you ever tried winflasher?
Im trying to understand what would be the least risky method - Phoenix or Winflasher?
Yes, from 1.0 to 1.1, but I got a message saying device not found or something like that and never figured it out.

Phoenix is pretty easy, download everything via navifirm. After phoenix installs (latest version is required, older versions don't work with N9), place the files in program files/nokia/phoenix/product/rm-696 folder, start it, connect N9, select USB connection, scan product to make sure it's recognised, then flash firmware, choose refurbish and it's done in a few minutes. There's a video on youtube, pretty easy actually. You don't even have to turn off the phone after connecting it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vaterix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Vaterix View Post
Yes, from 1.0 to 1.1, but I got a message saying device not found or something like that and never figured it out.

Phoenix is pretty easy, download everything via navifirm. After phoenix installs (latest version is required, older versions don't work with N9), place the files in program files/nokia/phoenix/product/rm-696 folder, start it, connect N9, select USB connection, scan product to make sure it's recognised, then flash firmware, choose refurbish and it's done in a few minutes. There's a video on youtube, pretty easy actually. You don't even have to turn off the phone after connecting it.
thanks - do you have a download location for the latest version?
What do you download from navifirm - nokia care or prod external?