Notices

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I just want to say that I've actually started using this regularly with my media centre computer. The reconnect capability has made it perfect for using my tablet as a supplementary mouse/keyboard replacement when the MS remote is insufficient or inoperable.

I'm very pleased with the overall operation of the app. It has become quite polished feeling.

If I had one feature request, it would be that you could find a simple way to implement holding the left mouse button, moving the mouse, releasing the button, moving the mouse, and repeating. This is sometimes necessary for panning etc.

At the moment, I have to position the pointer, press the hold-left-mouse-button button in BlueMaemo, move the mouse, press the hold-left-mouse-button button again, move the mouse, press the hold-left-mouse-button button again... etc.

But this is fairly trivial.

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by qole View Post
I just want to say that I've actually started using this regularly with my media centre computer. The reconnect capability has made it perfect for using my tablet as a supplementary mouse/keyboard replacement when the MS remote is insufficient or inoperable.

I'm very pleased with the overall operation of the app. It has become quite polished feeling.

If I had one feature request, it would be that you could find a simple way to implement holding the left mouse button, moving the mouse, releasing the button, moving the mouse, and repeating. This is sometimes necessary for panning etc.

At the moment, I have to position the pointer, press the hold-left-mouse-button button in BlueMaemo, move the mouse, press the hold-left-mouse-button button again, move the mouse, press the hold-left-mouse-button button again... etc.

But this is fairly trivial.
Thanks for your comments
About the holding feature, try the zoom - button :P

Best regards.

may be driver version is too old, trying download newer one but there is no 6.x driver for XP at all - only 5.x as I can find

6.x is for this f#$%^ vista only

thanx for advice, this rocks! (it would not bad get little help in begining screen)

but how to make "click-and-drag" operation?? :-/

Last edited by Gourmand; 2009-03-23 at 19:35.

Originally Posted by Gourmand View Post
may be driver version is too old, trying download newer one but there is no 6.x driver for XP at all - only 5.x as I can find

6.x is for this f#$%^ vista only
You don't have the "add device option" ?
If you already paired the n8x0 with the PC, remove the device in the PC side and add it again.

all works now!

I thought driver has to have keyboard/mouse installed to services list before

I would give one idea if only author is not against ideas...
can I?

all works now!

I thought driver has to have keyboard/mouse installed to services list before

I would give one idea if only author is not against ideas...
can I?
Go ahead :P

Best regards.

I'd like create my own screens with my own skins and buttons collection

solution is fairly simple - all "control system" must exist like menu tree with screen on each level (button is just brunching point) and symbol on each terminal leaf

menu hierarchy can be described using simple XML file

and buttons and screen images are just JPEG images and can be easily replaced

isn't this prog made in similar manner?

another suggestion - animated screens... this will look amazing

sorry for my English, it's not native for me

I'd like create my own screens with my own skins and buttons collection

solution is fairly simple - all "control system" must exist like menu tree with screen on each level (button is just brunching point) and symbol on each terminal leaf

menu hierarchy can be described using simple XML file

and buttons and screen images are just JPEG images and can be easily replaced

isn't this prog made in similar manner?

another suggestion - animated screens... this will look amazing

sorry for my English, it's not native for me
Yes is, the user interface is written with pyEFL.
The user interface code (EDC files) is separated (the major part) from the functionalities code, it will require some small modifications in the code in order to add themes, but this feature is in my to-do list for the next versions

what about ability to create different nested menus, with different buttons?

say I wanna create sublevel for "multimudia" - with several different control schemes for Media Player Classic, Windows Media Player, jetAudio, QuickTime and so on - same for game controller tuned for different games

The Following User Says Thank You to Gourmand For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
what about ability to create different nested menus, with different buttons?

say I wanna create sublevel for "multimudia" - with several different control schemes for Media Player Classic, Windows Media Player, jetAudio, QuickTime and so on - same for game controller tuned for different games
This combined with multikey support and multimedia key support will all but replace Salling Clicker, which is broken on Garnet VM.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Tags
bluemaemo, bluetooth, hid