Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
upgrading! Any specific area you want me to run into or just general crash test dummy business?

Edit: my OTA went as following,
Started when going to bed and found it displaying 82% complete install when picking up in the morning, waited another hour with no change.
I rebooted, shutdown got stuck and displayed red light for 30 minutes, then i hard reseted via power key.

First startup and as expected still on 2.0.1.
Issued another version --dup that went through in 10 minutes completely.
Reboot/shutdown got stuck again, hard reset after 10 minutes.

boot went fine and i had 2.0.2, working radio and working sfdroid without reflash!
Following your recommendation, i rebooted twice just to be sure.

No problem as of yet.

Could you please explain again how to start/stop sfdroid from cli so i can log to a file? &> thx!

Last edited by mosen; 2016-07-30 at 08:05.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Just chiming in to say I also successfully installed SFOS 2.0.1.11 with CM12.1 base (20160704 nocheck version), sensorfix3 and SFDroid prealpha 3.

Installation went super smooth in one go due to the crystal clear instructions, and everything seems to work perfectly! I tested a couple of programs in SFOS, screen rotation works, and browsing a bit while in SFDroid seemed to give no problems. Will do some additional testing today (sound, bluetooth, etc. in SFOS).

Since this is a fresh/clean install (I completely wiped my previous install of SFOS based om CM11 before installing this one), I might go ahead and try the OTA to 2.0.2.48 tonight. Will keep you updated.

In any case: thank you so much for all your hard work RealJohnGalt and everyone behind the development of SFOS (with CM12.1 base) on the Nexus5!! Super awesome!

Edit: oh, forgot to say: the link to the TWRP version you posted in the topicstarter seems to link to an error page. After a bit of searching I came accross a mirror to that file here: http://d-h.st/BzdC in case anybody needs it (found that mirror in the second post in this thread on XDA-devs)

Last edited by ThomasAH; 2016-07-30 at 12:27.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThomasAH For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
upgrading! Any specific area you want me to run into or just general crash test dummy business?

Edit: my OTA went as following,
Started when going to bed and found it displaying 82% complete install when picking up in the morning, waited another hour with no change.
I rebooted, shutdown got stuck and displayed red light for 30 minutes, then i hard reseted via power key.

First startup and as expected still on 2.0.1.
Issued another version --dup that went through in 10 minutes completely.
Reboot/shutdown got stuck again, hard reset after 10 minutes.

boot went fine and i had 2.0.2, working radio and working sfdroid without reflash!
Following your recommendation, i rebooted twice just to be sure.

No problem as of yet.

Could you please explain again how to start/stop sfdroid from cli so i can log to a file? &> thx!
Thank you for your report. I'm looking for bugs with the OTA procedure (other than the dbus issue), as well as any regressions in 2.0.2.48 for our device.

I've now done two otas from fresh 2.0.1.11 installs and can't replicate that hang using version (might not recommend using version for otas in the future to get more info though). Could you paste the output of ssu lr earlier on as recommended in the guide I pasted?

Regarding running sfdroid from cli, you can start it with "sg graphics /usr/bin/sfdroid" however, this won't provide you with the logs we care about. You don't even need to run from CLI to get the logs we care about for sfdroid .

You can get a logcat after running into an issue in sfdroid with "devel-su /system/bin/logcat > sfdroid". This will create a "sfdroid" logcat file which you can then upload like: cat sfdroid | curl -F 'sprunge=<-' http://sprunge.us

ThomasAH: thank you for the correction on the TWRP link.

Edit: reverted a service that's no longer required that could cause weird behavior on first boot after updating (what I wrote about needing multiple boots for full radio functionality) .

Last edited by RealJohnGalt; 2016-07-30 at 21:55.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RealJohnGalt For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
ssu lr gave the following prior to my ota:

Enabled repositories (global):
- adaptation0 ... http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:...atest_armv7hl/
- apps ... https://releases.jolla.com/jolla-apps/2.0.2.48/armv7hl/
- hotfixes ... https://releases.jolla.com/releases/...fixes/armv7hl/
- jolla ... https://releases.jolla.com/releases/...jolla/armv7hl/

Enabled repositories (user):
- mw ... http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:...atest_armv7hl/
- store ... https://store-repository.jolla.com/h...rsion=2.0.2.48

Disabled repositories (global, might be overridden by user config):

Disabled repositories (user):
- home ... https://download.jollamobile.com/hom...atest_armv7hl/
Edit,
Tested all new 2.0.2 features and found them all working but the Flashlight/torch is missing from shortcuts settings.
Most impressive is Backup/Restore from Dropbox which made the device usable in minutes.
Video recording works once but the second recording crashes the camera app. Switching to camera mode and back to video makes one recording possible again.
Screenshot with VOL up+down works.
We have working call recording!

My only question is why the jolla store is so empty, only 20apps are available. Is that expected?

Last edited by mosen; 2016-07-31 at 01:30.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
ssu lr gave the following prior to my ota:

Edit,
Tested all new 2.0.2 features and found them all working but the Flashlight/torch is missing from shortcuts settings.
Most impressive is Backup/Restore from Dropbox which made the device usable in minutes.
Video recording works once but the second recording crashes the camera app. Switching to camera mode and back to video makes one recording possible again.
Screenshot with VOL up+down works.
We have working call recording!

My only question is why the jolla store is so empty, only 20apps are available. Is that expected?
The flashlight settings are not installed, but do not work. I'll ask about the apps, I have the same thing on 2.0.3.14 but assumed it was just because it was unofficial.

It's bad that the camcorder has that regression, I'll track it when I have a chance. I'll also change the instructions for a more verbose OTA in case other users run into those hangs. I should have time in a few hours.

Thank you for all the testing!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RealJohnGalt For This Useful Post:
I am happy to do more if you have specific questions.
Does it make sense to serial test many android apps and collect crashlogs or should i wait for a more advanced release with some obvious stuff ruled out or fixed already?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
I am happy to do more if you have specific questions.
Does it make sense to serial test many android apps and collect crashlogs or should i wait for a more advanced release with some obvious stuff ruled out or fixed already?
By early next week I should have audio fixed in sfdroid. Any logs could help since the current work probably won't affect many of these crashes you're seeing (look to the "logcat" instructions in the post on the last page).

Plans for hammerhead sfdroid support right now (aside from what nh1402 and krnlyng (liar) are working on and fixing misc crashes like what you're talking about): 1) audio, 2) get new renderer working so we can use multiwindow (we always lose input on it after a few minutes). There's a device bug fix from AOSP that is actually what broke sfdroid audio for us.

Edit: The flashlight does work in 2.0.2.48 and 2.0.3.14 on our device, it just takes a few minutes to enable the first time (seems to affect jolla c as well). I didn't think it worked, and it enabled itself a few minutes later, totally draining my device as it sat on my desk.

To get it, install jolla-settings-system-flashlight (can be done with zypper like: devel-su zypper in jolla-settings-system-flashlight). I'll be adding this to our pattern so it gets pulled in on updates and builds.

The store issue's been reported and our device isn't the only one affected. Sledges let the store sailors know.

Last edited by RealJohnGalt; 2016-08-01 at 18:11.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to RealJohnGalt For This Useful Post:
Flashlight bug affects Jolla C and J1 on 2.43, 2.45 and 2.48.
Install workes and i did not had to wait for minutes on first activation. Flashlight fired up in ~5 seconds on first try. toggeling after that takes 1-2 seconds.
Pausing all media playback during lit flashlight is the main attraction of this bug though and also present but not related to your port

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
When simply disabling developer mode, most of the apps disappear.

Then the phone can only be force-shut down (pressing power-off for several seconds). Afterwards it won't start again. A re-flash is necessary.

That was on one of the CM12-based builds some 3 weeks ago. You may have already adressed the issue meanwhile or it may still exist (?)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qoh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
When i try to OTA to 2.0.2.48 the installation always gets stuck at:

[73 %] [Install] sociald-onedrive-images 0.1.54-10.24.1.jolla: [100 %]

Tried it a few times, always with a fresh install. The installation process is fine until the dbus package gets installed at 18%. After this the installation sometimes stuck, but continues after a time. But at the point shown above it doesn't continue anymore. I let it run for 6 hours last night. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Last edited by mautz; 2016-08-11 at 08:36.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid