Active Topics

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
The problem is the SFOS 2.0.4.13 image, which prevents SFDroid from starting. You need to reinstall using the image 2.0.1.11 image of the first post. You can upgrade to the latest SFOS version afterwards.
There is a problem with 2.0.1.11 image with the phone call echoing at the call recipient end. Someone mentioned that 2.0.4.13 fixes this issue and from my limited use, I can kind confirm it is resolved. Now if someone knows and can tell us how we can apply that fix to 2.0.1.11 image or after installation, that would be great.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by F0x123 View Post
Hey, sfdroid is running
Can I use whatsapp and get push notifications?
Whatsapp works

And also how can I update SFOS to the latest version? System update tells me the version is the latest, which is not true...
Just follow the instructions on the first post.

Set RELEASE=2.0.5.6

The Following User Says Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
Whatsapp works
Yes, but without notification in Sailfish, as he asked

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
There is a problem with 2.0.1.11 image with the phone call echoing at the call recipient end. Someone mentioned that 2.0.4.13 fixes this issue and from my limited use, I can kind confirm it is resolved. Now if someone knows and can tell us how we can apply that fix to 2.0.1.11 image or after installation, that would be great.
Take a look here: https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=215

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Whatsapp works

Just follow the instructions on the first post.

Set RELEASE=2.0.5.6
Yes I have seen that. But I am new in this topic so I do not know how to start/use that script. I think somehow with the terminal in SFOS.

The Following User Says Thank You to F0x123 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 318 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Switzerland
Yes I have seen that. But I am new in this topic so I do not know how to start/use that script. I think somehow with the terminal in SFOS.
I would establish a ssh connection with your computer. You can do this in >Settings>'Developer mode'. It makes the upgrade process much easier. You can then connect to the phone with 'ssh nemo@<phone_ip>'.

The upgrade process is not a script, but a chain of different terminal commands. I suggest that you did not yet enable some 'openrepos' repositories.

First... Make sure that 'zypper' is installed
Code:
devel-su pkcon install zypper
Upgrade procedure

1. assign version to variable
Code:
RELEASE=2.0.5.6
2. put the device in release mode
Code:
ssu release $RELEASE
3. Add the Nexus 5 'adaptation0' repository
Code:
devel-su sed -i -e 's#^adaptation=.*$#adaptation=http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:/RealJohnGalt:/testing:/hammerhead/sailfish_latest_armv7hl/#' \
/usr/share/ssu/repos.ini
4. delete/add/enable 'mw' repository (3 commands)
Code:
ssu dr mw
ssu ar mw http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/devel:/hw:/common/sailfish_latest_armv7hl/
ssu er mw
5. list repositories (check your changes)
Code:
ssu lr
6. clean/refresh database (2 commands)
Code:
devel-su zypper clean -a
devel-su zypper ref -f
7. start upgrade (That will take a long time. At least 1 hour or even more.)
Code:
version --dup
At some point, the upgrade will stop and 'hang'. Probably at a package similar to 'sociald-onedrive-signon' or so. The upgrade should be more than 80% done (that is my experience). Remember that package name... (write it down somewhere) and abort the installation with 'CTRL+C'.

8. sync/reboot (2 commands). You may have to force shutdown with a 'long press' on the power button.
Code:
sync
reboot
9. reinstall last package
Code:
devel-su zypper in -f <last package>
10. continue with 'version --dup' / sync / reboot
Code:
version --dup
sync
reboot
The upgrade should now be complete. In case the store is not working, disable the 'adaptation0' repository and refresh the database...
Code:
devel-su dr adaptation0
devel-su zypper ref
Update: I changed the procedure to match the indications of the first post in this thread.

Last edited by minimec; 2016-12-14 at 23:00.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to minimec For This Useful Post:
@ minimec

Nice guide!

The installation up to the crash at around 80% takes around 2 hours...you'll have to abort the installation yourself with 'CTRL+C'.

I always do a 'version --dup' again to install the missing packages, it only takes a few minutes.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
I compiled a new kernel of the cyaonegnmod 12.1-CAF source.

Kernel boots, but lipstick doesn't start.

I get the following error message in journalctl:

Code:
localhost mce[740]: modules/display.c: mdy_stm_step(): ui 
start failed, retrying
Any ideas?

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 318 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
@ minimec

Nice guide!

The installation up to the crash at around 80% takes around 2 hours...

I always to a version --dup again to install the missing packages, only takes a few minutes.
Yeah. I did that too, but had problems two times now. Last time was the upgrade to 2.0.5.6. It installed 'mesa-llvmpipe' and removed a lot of packages of the 'adaptation0' repository. I lost the whole lipstick GUI interface and had to debug...

Update: The problem I faced may be related to the fact, that I disabled the 'adaptation0' repository too early.

Last edited by minimec; 2016-12-14 at 23:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to minimec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
I fixed echoing in the 2.0.1.11 image (old, original hardware adaptation - it is fixed in the 2.0.4.13 image) some time ago. I posted my solution in this thread:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=215

With those fixes, it doesn't echo, and the microphone sounds great. Those edits aren't necessary in the newer hardware adaptation, but I guess you need it for sfdroid. Let me know if I can be of further assistance!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid