Notices

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Chicago
I just updated my WordPress blog to 2.9.1 yesterday and tried to get posts, edit a post and check comments. I am getting errors about getting an actual post and uploading them when I do write one. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Last edited by dharder; 2010-01-21 at 00:08. Reason: Misspelling in the title

i have the same problem with a self hosted wordpress install. it would be nice to find a sollution

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, FINLAND
SOLUTION for WordPress

- in the dashboard go to Settings > Writing

- In Settings > Writing, Under "Remote Publishing" enable XML-RPC

- Voila! Now MaStory is working!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monniman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 158 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
^ That solution works here, found answer with google couple of weeks ago.

Also you may need change some settings in upload folder @wordpress server (via chmod).

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Brasil
here has not yet solved.

even with XML-RPC enabled and uploads folder with chmod 777 permission

idk what did it for me but it started working. I enabled the xmlrpc and logging in as admin, did not update to 2.9.1 yet (still on 2.7.1).. kept getting the same error before.

last thing I know I did was copied the zip update into upgrade directory of the wp-content using ftp. The autoupdate was not working for some reason. was about to do backup and re-ftp my site manually. But decided to try and push the mastory with a test blog and Publish successful..doh!?

Was able to "GET" posts and re-edited the blog with an image. its working. hope to hear more answers on this. goodluck.

Originally Posted by maya View Post
here has not yet solved.

even with XML-RPC enabled and uploads folder with chmod 777 permission
ok, I discovered I had problem in DNS and now I have access to other services such as repositories Nokia and sending SMS via Webtext.

But as the MaStory do is not publishing the posts, which the correct configuration of the Wordpress to the following fields:

Account name:?
Username:?

thanks

Last edited by maya; 2010-01-27 at 15:16. Reason: insert image

I still can not get MaStory to publish to wordpress (www.skogholt.org). I have set my folders to 777 I have enabled xml-prc. Anything else I could do?

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
Originally Posted by maya View Post
ok, I discovered I had problem in DNS and now I have access to other services such as repositories Nokia and sending SMS via Webtext.

But as the MaStory do is not publishing the posts, which the correct configuration of the Wordpress to the following fields:

Account name:?
Username:?

thanks
I think that the URL is wrong. It should be just the wordpress address, the wp-login.php part is wrong. The xmlrpc.php part is added automatically.
So in your example, I think that it should be http://mysite.com/news

Username is your Wordpress username, and account name is only to differentiate between the accounts that you have in MaStory, it's not important.

PS: I'm sorry that I can't do live support these days, I'm very busy with university tasks.

PS2: It would be nice if someone starts some documentation at wiki.maemo.org about MaStory. For example, starting with the trick to activate XML-RPC in the self-hosted Wordpress installations.
I even could pay for a proper documentation (not very much though).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yerga For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by yerga View Post
I think that the URL is wrong. It should be just the wordpress address, the wp-login.php part is wrong. The xmlrpc.php part is added automatically.
So in your example, I think that it should be http://mysite.com/news

Username is your Wordpress username, and account name is only to differentiate between the accounts that you have in MaStory, it's not important.

PS: I'm sorry that I can't do live support these days, I'm very busy with university tasks.

PS2: It would be nice if someone starts some documentation at wiki.maemo.org about MaStory. For example, starting with the trick to activate XML-RPC in the self-hosted Wordpress installations.
I even could pay for a proper documentation (not very much though).
yes, that was it. http://mysite/news/ worked perfectly.
Thank you, friend.