Active Topics

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Ipswich, Uk
Hmmm were to start!. Over the last few weeks ive been looking at the new Samsung i9100 Galaxy S II Black and today really cemented it for me. The N900 is a work of art, but only if you want to keep tweeking the software and app to go with it.

I went to the wedding of a good friend today and was blown away by how far behind the N900 now is. As far as Im conderned my phone is well upto date but when the bride and groom left the church for photos it all started, camera woudnt open... so I had to restart! so ok thats a good 3mins to come to ready and guess what? camera opened but wouldnt work so i have to restart again!!!. by this time Ive missed the bride and groom photos and even the bridesmadies and familes.. and I look arround me and everyone has HTC's and Iphones are snapping away like mad!.. so eventually I get the N900 going and all the good opertunities are gone for ever!. Mu mrs looked at me and said get a proper phone and stop playing with that toy! your 43 years old not 14. And with that she pulled out her Iphone4 and started snapping away.

Anyway long story short it made me think rreal hard.. its time for me to move up the ladder and get a phone that does all this one does but quicky and smoothly.

I will keep my N900 I think as its in A1 condition and scratch free...or I may sell it for a tidy sum!! but one thing is for sure... I will be looking at a new phone very soon and Nokia has nothing to cover the N900 as yet!! well not in my high st anyway, Question is, is it me or is it the N900?

Watch this space.

Loz. (Not too happy).

Audiophile real hi end hifi lover: Revolver Rebel turntable Ortofon CMBPRO stylus, Arcam FMJ MS250 Media server, Krell KRC-2 Analogue pre amp, DENON UDRA-70 sub amp, Harmon Kardon EQ8 eq.
ECS EA1 mono block amps x2, Tannoy M3, Tannoy ST50 super tweeters.
Tannoy 625 Alfie Sub, Revo iblik Wifi reflashed now with DAB. Pure Sound

Dont steal, the govenment hates the compitition.

www.vacrite.co.uk

The Following User Says Thank You to Loz For This Useful Post:
You obviously installed tons of rubbish and messed it up to the point it doesn't work properly. Reflash it and start again.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to philh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
I have a near mint nexus s if you want to swap.

Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
Or you could "have a usb problem" and get an e7

Originally Posted by philh View Post
You obviously installed tons of rubbish and messed it up to the point it doesn't work properly. Reflash it and start again.
I have got tons of stuff in it but no more than the next guy I think!.. but isnt it surpose to just work?.

Loz.

Audiophile real hi end hifi lover: Revolver Rebel turntable Ortofon CMBPRO stylus, Arcam FMJ MS250 Media server, Krell KRC-2 Analogue pre amp, DENON UDRA-70 sub amp, Harmon Kardon EQ8 eq.

www.vacrite.co.uk

Yeah however all their photos will be grainy, blurry rubbish.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
but isnt it surpose to just work?.
No. That's the iPhone.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by king Ralphred View Post
I have a near mint nexus s if you want to swap.
I will check out the nexus.. you got a model number?

Loz.

www.vacrite.co.uk

The only reason i got my n900 was for the keyboard for texting. The only reason i've kept it is because of the keyboard and conversations app. Everything else i have no real interest in.

The n900 may be behind, but think about what you use it most for and then look for the next best alternative based on that.

Originally Posted by king Ralphred View Post
Or you could "have a usb problem" and get an e7
No USB problem here this phone is well looked after!!

Loz.

www.vacrite.co.uk