Notices

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
I'll happily sponsor a game port or fresh development for 100-250quid if itt's a game I like. If anything the amount isn't enough as that is a significant amount or work. If they were really lucky and sold 1000's of copies at a few quid a pop then I'd hope they'd return my investment.

As for which game, well this is an interesting issue. Q3A is a very good example of the quality gfx, 3d, speed and sound playback for the n900 and even had a reasonable effort put in to controls. Sadly you find ultimately solitaire or bounce win because this is a 10cm long device held in your hand. Orienation and touch sort of work but you reall just want keyboard controls for anything other than bounce or zenbound. I would recommend somebody ports Pandemonium. This is graphically and visually stunning with fun game play with only left/right and jump keys required.
There are probably other games with 3 or so keys needed but that are engrosing. These should be ported.

Homeworld / Cataclysm / Homeworld 2

Originally Posted by badstraw View Post
I would pay $25 for world of goo

Get the humble indie bundle on ARM and I will gladly whip out 100$.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
the sims. (argh dont hate me! i liked it and i'm not afraid to admit it!) could actually work quite well on n900

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post
the sims. (argh dont hate me! i liked it and i'm not afraid to admit it!) could actually work quite well on n900
I would love that as well. The 1st one only, but I am afraid that the screen is quite small for that.

$25 for 100% starcraft

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
10€ for Syndicate by Bullfrog.

(not emulated, full adapted for the N900)

A good place to get the porting started: http://freesynd.sourceforge.net/index.php

Last edited by Helmuth; 2010-06-18 at 22:46.

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sunny Woollahra
Cilvilization Revolution

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Michigan, USA
A good, well integrated with maemo, compatible with the PC client, OSU! version. The N900 is perfect for it, specially since it has a resistive screen.

(of course, nothing ridiculous like 100 bux, though)

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
$50 for Capitalism Plus and $50 for Capitalism II. Those games rock so much. I wished Trevor Chan and buddies has continued with the series.

It was a awesome business game, very realistic with manufacturing, farming, R&D, retailing, mining and oil extraction plus a stock market.

Awesome!