Notices

Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
Better way.
I was talking exactly about solution 2 from link You provided - old package replaced by dummy depending on new package. It's generation old trick, but still i see not everyone use this in maemo repos, and sometimes we got 2, 3 or even 4 instances of same package. To get things worse, sometimes even version numbers are misleading, and one must check package date, to determine currently maintained instance.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
I sold my old mobile nokia n900 and now I have a samsung galaxy S i9000,

I tried all mame emulators , Pay or free , and nothing all emulators sucks.

This mame emulator in n900 are the best .

jrioni full , mame4droid, arcademame , tyger mame , cps2hd, and more..

all bad emulators..

the mame 0.138-01 FLANDRY are the best .

I say it for all people that are thinking in buy a android phone thinking that mame will be good in this phone.

The perfect Idea , mame 0.138 flandry port to android .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samipower For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I actually have a tried a Dell Streak and playing emulators without the physical keyboard and my beloved GameGripper is a pain in the ***.

The only drawback in the N900 is that some arcade emulators like MAME, CPS2EMU and GnGeo lack a bit of polish (console emulators are far better).

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by samipower View Post
I sold my old mobile nokia n900 and now I have a samsung galaxy S i9000,

I tried all mame emulators , Pay or free , and nothing all emulators sucks.

This mame emulator in n900 are the best .

jrioni full , mame4droid, arcademame , tyger mame , cps2hd, and more..

all bad emulators..

the mame 0.138-01 FLANDRY are the best .

I say it for all people that are thinking in buy a android phone thinking that mame will be good in this phone.

The perfect Idea , mame 0.138 flandry port to android .
Though I agree Flandry's effort is genious, Jarcade and Tiger Arcade play all games smooth with sound, even on the Droid 1, which is similar hardware to the N900. Catch is they "only" play Neo Geo, Cave, Capcom, and MAME 37 rom sets. Not the bigger coverageof Flandry's effort.

Not Flandry's fault, but what he had to work with. I agree that a Flandry port of MAME 138 to Android would probably rock hard I would contribute a donation.

Originally Posted by oldpmaguy View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot to say, I OC @ 1GHz!

I don't know why the GP2X could triple the N900's performance, maybe it has something to do with the build of MAME being used?

I actually had my GP2X stolen while travelling and the N900 was its sort-of replacement, if you can believe it! I really liked my GP2X, but I have to say, the N900 surpasses it in so many ways I don't even think about it anymore, Outrun notwithstanding.

Yeah, I didn't even notice your avatar, you're the perfect person to have this conversation with! NB, the GP2X's version of MAME doesn't support Turbo Outrun, but the N900's does! Woot!
I think Flandry explained why before, but something to do with the the video ram issues with the N900. As mentioned in my other post, the MAME4All romset (.37) all plays smooth with sound on the Droid 1, which has a similar chipset as the N900. It also plays Tiger Arcade smooth with sound. Every Neo Geo game, including KOF 2003 and Metal Slug 5 plays smooth. Also all of the Capcom 2 roms.

For that matter, the slower than N900 Nintendo DS has NeoDS and plays all Neo Geo games smooth with sound. It uses the video ram form the 3D chips in the DS. Hardware design seems more critical for games like NeoGeo, Capcom and most of the older arcade games.

Since some complex shooters play smooth on the N900 at stock speed, I suggest the bottleneck is not the chipset, as much as the N900 hardware design for video ram. CPU is having to do too much work for some games. Sadly, the Capcom and NeoGeo romsets are some of the games that are constrained by the hardware.

BTW, games like Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive and other games play slow on last year's netbooks, so those ARE cpu bottleneck issues.

Flandry,

Would you consider porting your work to Android? We have the hardware here on Android. Nokia will be solely windows phone in a year or so which WP7 does not allow for emulators.

Rather than watch your work fade would you be willing to port it to Android? I use more than 20 emulators regularly on Android and am sure yours would run very well.

If you would like help with interface and control UIs etc I know several Devs who I am sure would partner with you.

Please check out this forum : and contact me if you are interested. http://androidforums.com/android-gam...r-guide-2.html

PM me here or PM at the site i linked above.

Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
I think Flandry explained why before, but something to do with the the video ram issues with the N900. As mentioned in my other post, the MAME4All romset (.37) all plays smooth with sound on the Droid 1, which has a similar chipset as the N900. It also plays Tiger Arcade smooth with sound. Every Neo Geo game, including KOF 2003 and Metal Slug 5 plays smooth. Also all of the Capcom 2 roms.

For that matter, the slower than N900 Nintendo DS has NeoDS and plays all Neo Geo games smooth with sound. It uses the video ram form the 3D chips in the DS. Hardware design seems more critical for games like NeoGeo, Capcom and most of the older arcade games.

Since some complex shooters play smooth on the N900 at stock speed, I suggest the bottleneck is not the chipset, as much as the N900 hardware design for video ram. CPU is having to do too much work for some games. Sadly, the Capcom and NeoGeo romsets are some of the games that are constrained by the hardware.

BTW, games like Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive and other games play slow on last year's netbooks, so those ARE cpu bottleneck issues.
what? neogeo and cps2 games are emulated perfectly through their respective emulators. Try GnGeo or cps2emu. And with a little overclocking cps2 games play pretty well on mame too.

Originally Posted by Acidspunk View Post
what? neogeo and cps2 games are emulated perfectly through their respective emulators. Try GnGeo or cps2emu. And with a little overclocking cps2 games play pretty well on mame too.
You are right. Also, Flandry MAME plays a LOT more games than I thought and just needs OCing to 850.

I was wrong.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I'm very happy with Mame for most games (overclocked to 805 is enough) and GnGeo for Neo Geo games.

My only wish is to have the ability to change keyboard in cps2emu.

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
I'm very happy with Mame for most games (overclocked to 805 is enough) and GnGeo for Neo Geo games.

My only wish is to have the ability to change keyboard in cps2emu.
Look in the cps2emu thread. I think someone there compiled a version with gamegripper controls. Not sure though.

The Following User Says Thank You to Acidspunk For This Useful Post:

Tags
arcade, emulator, game, maemo 5, mame, wip