Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
where is AMD when you need him?
Thank you for visiting my thread. I wish you have a nice day. I reported you for being off-topic and ruining my thread.

Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Dear and most sincere TheoX,

the htc universal looks like a nice device for it's time but when you ask people about it no one can tell anything regarding the hackability of it but when you ask about the n900 even the average joe will tell you "isn't that the device that you could load android?".
the n900 may not be the all time hacking device but it definitely is light years ahead of the htc universal and it's still alive and well after almost 4 years. where was your ultimate htc universal when the n900 was launched? where is the community? didn't think so.

please, at least be honest. curse, insult, do the things you normally do. changing a nickname does not make you a new person. and eventually you will be banned.
again.
Dear troll, I think you misread my username and TheoX =/= PurpleXS8.

Second of your argument is invalid: If you go on the street and ask random persons about both devices the chance of anybody giving an answer else then "I don't know both" is 10%. When your N900 was launched, the HTC Universal was doing so well, people were very happy to have a mini-laptop in their pockets running Linux. 99% of the devices running windows mobile could run Android.

Now to give you 2 mind blowing devices I've been researching about except this HTC Universal:

HTC HD2 is the true hackers device. HTC HD2 was the only device so extensively hacked and opened that rignt now it could run the Windows 8 RT, Android, Ubuntu, Windows Phone, Windows Mobile and whatever else you can think of. The bootloader of this device had enough security breaches so that hackers can home-build their own custom bootloader intended for any possible OS.

Now the most opened device, even more open then N900 was made by HTC in 2008. It's called the HTC Shift, and it was the 1st smartphone natively running dual-boot. It came with Windows Mobile as the 1st OS and Windows Vista as the second OS, Intel x86 based CPU and 1GB of RAM. Due to the technology back then, the BIOS (not bootloader this time) could not be locked, so this phone can easily run ANYTHING you want WITHOUT ANY LIMITATIONS.

The only point is that I would not bring up a device in discussion as long as I don't own that device. The only problem is, that right now I both own a partially functional N900 and a HTC Universal and they can basically do the same things as a hackers device.

When replying please do a little more research in advance, or else you will just make a full of yourself. Second, anything that you point as fact and it's not based on real, solid arguments and facts is religion like and when I last read this section's description, religion was prohibited here. Before I wrote this thread, I owned a HTC Universal, I know what it's capable of and the true comparative between these 2 handhelds is: Nokia N900 >= HTC Universal.

By the way, here is the 2008 HTC Shift, running Windows 8 PRO:

Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
lol at the tags. especially the first one.

"best device"

: p

what...? the htc ultimate? it wasn't even the best in 2005.

qtek 2020i comes to mind (among others)
Please stop making a fool of yourself. If you did some research you would know this:

HTC Universal = HTC MDA PRO (my current) = JASJAR = XDA Exec = QTEK 9000

If you would make even more research you will find out that:

QTEK = SPV = HTC

Also how can you say QTEK 2020i > QTEK 9000? Please go on pdadb and compare them. After doing that, you can come back here and apologies.

Originally Posted by malfunctioning View Post
I just googled "ultimate hacking device" and I found this:

Enough fun for today. Actually I'm interested about the HTC Universal. Please tell me more.
If you follow the right instructions your device can be upgraded to this:

All you need to do is reflash it.

Now getting back. What would you like to know more about the HTC Universal?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
People. PEOPLE!

Please listen to him. It's important.
Don't go off topic on a thread about a dead device in off topic subforum. (What are you, Neanderthals?)

So to summarize:

OFF-TOPIC IN OFF-TOPIC SUBFORUM = ON TOPIC??

Please everyone research that topic.
Maybe we can make this topic the most hackable topic!
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by PurpleXS8 View Post
If you follow the right instructions your device can be upgraded to this:

All you need to do is reflash it.

Now getting back. What would you like to know more about the HTC Universal?
HAHAHA. Good one!

I'd like to know what you are using it for in practice, what type of hacking it is capable of.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
People. PEOPLE!

Please listen to him. It's important.
Don't go off topic on a thread about a dead device in off topic subforum. (What are you, Neanderthals?)

So to summarize:

OFF-TOPIC IN OFF-TOPIC SUBFORUM = ON TOPIC??

Please everyone research that topic.
Maybe we can make this topic the most hackable topic!
Dear user. I inform you that your your reply is wrong and this is the last time I explain this:

Off-Topic BOARD in this forum means that here you can post whatever you want to discuss that is not related to the follwing:
  • NXXX Devices
  • N9 Devices
  • Maemo OS
  • Meego OS
  • Competitors*
  • Alternatives*
  • Development*
  • Buy/Sell*

The items marked with "*" are related to the first 4 in the list above.

Now in this Off-Topic boards threads containing various topics unrelated to the list above are created. Each thread has it's own topic, and that thread should stay on that topic until the thread is closed or archived.

To give you an example:

In a horse forum, I open a new thread in the off-topic section about cats. Whoever is coming to that thread and talks anything about dogs, lizards, eagles and so on is in violation of the ethics code of the internet. Please learn some manners before you post. In addition, you have been reported.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
That's fricking hilarious. No self respecting hacker goes out without a ski mask. You can't be safe enough in this era of web cams.

HAHAHA. Good one!

I'd like to know what you are using it for in practice, what type of hacking it is capable of.
This current device I didn't use yet for anything in practice. On the old device I was testing custom build of Windows Mobile 6.1 / 6.5. Hacking the Windows Mobile OS for a better smartphone experience.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
That's fricking hilarious. No self respecting hacker goes out without a ski mask. You can't be safe enough in this era of web cams.
I concur! It's my standard hacker outfit.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Windows Mobile OS? How can you have that and "hack"on the same sentence? I'm still intrigued but more skeptical now.

Tags
best device, device, hacker, htc universal, ultimate