Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
I was waiting on the Tab, but went ahead and ordered the Archos 101 for $333 delivered from J&R Electronics.

1. 10" 1024X600 capacitive display
2. Froyo with Flash 10.1
3. 1ghz 3640 arm 8
4. 16gb built-in
5. microsd for more space
6. USB with FULL host function (reads thumb drives, powers external USB drives and game controllers work- if needed)
7. Full market for previous Archos Android device was easy to mod, so expected same for this line too.
8. At least $500 less than the Tab (total cost).

I already have an Android phone with "decent" size display (Incredible), so this will do great for book, comic and web browsing. Also, the game emulators will play better with a controller And I can USB tether using the Incredible.

Frankly, main issue is this device is $500 LESS than the Tab and the 8gb 7" version is $550 less (but has 800X480) display. Heck, I could buy the 10" and 7" together and still save over $300 to one Tab.

Why pay almost $1,000 for a device that will be old hat within a year anyways?
When it coming?

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
I just told my GF about the Tab, and showed her the commercial. Her jaw dropped open and she said that she was sold. I was telling her about media sharing via DLNA, augmented reality via Layar, Google speech-to-text, the camera, video calling, web surfing, the battery life, etc. She was really excited and completely taken aback! She liked that it could fit in her purse, but wished it had a wrist-strap as she was afraid she would drop it.

She's not a techie, so perhaps this is a sign that a device like this really resonates with casual users.

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
I was waiting on the Tab, but went ahead and ordered the Archos 101 for $333 delivered from J&R Electronics.

1. 10" 1024X600 capacitive display
2. Froyo with Flash 10.1
3. 1ghz 3640 arm 8
4. 16gb built-in
5. microsd for more space
6. USB with FULL host function (reads thumb drives, powers external USB drives and game controllers work- if needed)
7. Full market for previous Archos Android device was easy to mod, so expected same for this line too.
8. At least $500 less than the Tab (total cost).

I already have an Android phone with "decent" size display (Incredible), so this will do great for book, comic and web browsing. Also, the game emulators will play better with a controller And I can USB tether using the Incredible.

Frankly, main issue is this device is $500 LESS than the Tab and the 8gb 7" version is $550 less (but has 800X480) display. Heck, I could buy the 10" and 7" together and still save over $300 to one Tab.

Why pay almost $1,000 for a device that will be old hat within a year anyways?
When it coming?
Shipping by mid October

Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
I just told my GF about the Tab, and showed her the commercial. Her jaw dropped open and she said that she was sold. I was telling her about media sharing via DLNA, augmented reality via Layar, Google speech-to-text, the camera, video calling, web surfing, the battery life, etc. She was really excited and completely taken aback! She liked that it could fit in her purse, but wished it had a wrist-strap as she was afraid she would drop it.

She's not a techie, so perhaps this is a sign that a device like this really resonates with casual users.
I think it would if only they would get the pricing right but more and more each day it looks like they are going to screw this up. Getting it for my wife. She uses blackberry for internet browsing when in bed or on the road but bb has the worst web browser in history. Like you said this would fit in a lady's bag perfectly.

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ England
My GF isn't that interested in technology, but as soon as she see's the Tab in my hands, I know she will want one!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Unfortunately the Tab isn't really in the shop yet, it's on the flyer only by now. I think I'll buy it, wife is interested but she wants to see it live before, if it's fashionable enough :wink:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Unfortunately the Tab isn't really in the shop yet, it's on the flyer only by now. I think I'll buy it, wife is interested but she wants to see it live before, if it's fashionable enough :wink:
Yes they like fashionable things don't they.

Not bothered yet but as soon as she see's it in the flesh I just know she will be on it all the time!

The Following User Says Thank You to noal For This Useful Post:
I'm quite sure that my GF will use the thing as much as I do! She was exclaiming the other day that we could use it as our grocery list, she also mentioned that it would be the perfect size for reading, and save her from carrying around tons of books.

... I may have to get two!

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
the trolls was all hating n9 leaked processor specs saying it was outdated, them same ppl are bigging up galaxy tab yet its running exact A8 but clocked at 1ghz like the rumoured N9.
make you ****ing minds up is it outdated already like you was saying about it on other devices?

Last edited by NvyUs; 2010-09-24 at 12:19.

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
the trolls was all hating n9 leaked processor specs saying it was outdated, them same ppl are bigging up galaxy tab yet its running exact A8 but clocked at 1ghz like the rumoured N9.
make you ****ing minds up is it outdated already like you was saying about it on other devices?
Wrong forum, bud. This is just for information regarding the Tab and general discussion around it.

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy