Notices

Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
I get the error "Couldn't load pics/colormap.pcx" and it refuses to start.

edit: nevermind I'm dumb
Originally Posted by DoktorVitek View Post
Please, How did you repair that??
Thanks
Originally Posted by narcisgarcia View Post
I've tried this package but I also get the message:
I am also having this error. Legoman666, how did you resolve this issue? I'll be sure to post it here if I figure out what's wrong.

Well, I fixed the problem. I redownloaded quake 2 off of steam (previously i had used the q2 version i have working on my n95) and copied the pak0,pak1,pak2 files in to the correct directory and the game worked now.

jessi3k3; complete steps to do?
Thanks.

Originally Posted by narcisgarcia View Post
jessi3k3; complete steps to do?
Thanks.
Download Quake 2 (I got mine off of steam)

Go to your quake2 install directory on your pc, inside the baseq2 folder.

Make a baseq2 folder on your n900 plugged into the pc and copy pak0.pak, pak1.pak, pak2.pak to your n900 in mass storage mode.

Unplug your n900 from your pc and then open xterm. Type the following:
mv MyDocs/baseq2/pak0.pak .quake2/baseq2/
mv MyDocs/baseq2/pak1.pak .quake2/baseq2/
mv MyDocs/baseq2/pak2.pak .quake2/baseq2/

why is it that quake2 gets installed in the /opt folder instead of the /home/user folder on my N900? Is it because i installed it using the app manager?

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Why is it so cumbersome installing apps like Quake 2 on Maemo? Android has Quake 2 and other games and all you do is install and either play the demo version, or copy a full pak version to the base folder on the microsd. No manual entries and plays at smooth fps with sound on the Incredible.

Nice port, but the control scheme sucks big time... Otherwise it's ok, but 1st: mouse remembers your last position and interprets it as a movement when you touch a different location - so no mouse look.
2nd: Not enough buttons. This really needs to utilize those volume buttons for shooting and jumping (like on duke3d port - marvellous control w/ accelerometer, touchscreen and all the keys but camera and power). If you people get this done it's fully playable and enjoyable

I've noticed tht the quake 2 port run the game in software mode, so the graphics r crappy...why no opengl is my question??

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Originally Posted by lucky88shp View Post
I've noticed tht the quake 2 port run the game in software mode, so the graphics r crappy...why no opengl is my question??
Wouldn't it be slower?

@luiscesjr
Not at all, it wud actually b more fluid...Quake 3 is fully opengl and runs like a charm!!!