Hello folks.. My N9 black 16GB works like a charm. I have set up my home wifi network to 'Use Automatically' on my N9. But occationally when I try to connect my N9 to my home WiFi, (when its disconnected while being outside), the connection fails and I get a prompt msg on my N9 "Something's wrong with the network connection". The only solution I have for this, is to restart my Network Router and re-connect my N9 to WiFi, and it connects immediately fine and perfect. But i need to know the rootcause and want a permanent solution for this. So I dont have to restart my internet connection/router everytime.

Would appreciate a kind support here...

About my product:

Nokia N9 - Meego 1.2 Harmattan
Version - PR 1.2
Black 16GB

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
update it to pr1.3 as its been widely reported that issues with WiFi connectivity do get fixed in pr1.3

Thanks for your prompt reply.. 'thedead1440'

PR1.3 still not available in my region UAE via OTA. Does it mean, I have to rely on my remedy of restarting my WiFi connection, untill PR1.3 is out here... I am not having a hardtime as of now, as I have my Laptop to use the internet at home, but just curious if 1.3 will really resolve this. I wll be more than happy then

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
i cant guarantee this but that's whats in the changelog...on my device i've realized that wifi detection is better and the cut-off distance is now longer than before...you can simply flash your device with pr1.3 if its not available OTA...

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
Hi, PR1.3 is out in UAE, but through Nokia Suite. It will wipe out everything, so yeah, better to wait for OTA update. It should be there by now though.. But just a thought.. Since I had the same problem.. Are you using a Linksys router? They sometimes have such issues.. And other devices are affected by a "Limited Network" or "No internet Access" problem. If the router isn't the problem, then yeah, best to wait for PR 1.3.

Thanks for the replies..

Yes, as 'thedead1440' mentioned, the global feedback says about betterment in Network Connectivity for PR 1.3 update.

As 'flopjoke' stated, I should wait for OTA, as I m not very much OK with flashing my device. But I m pretty sure, I dont have Linksys router. Though will check on it...

Try using static IP for your wi-fi connection. Use your laptop to get the IP address, subnet mask, gateway, etc by typing ipconfig/all in a DOS box. The IP address should change the last digit as devices cannot share the same IP add. but the rest can copy as it is.

Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
Hi, PR1.3 is out in UAE, but through Nokia Suite. It will wipe out everything, so yeah, better to wait for OTA update. It should be there by now though.. But just a thought.. Since I had the same problem.. Are you using a Linksys router? They sometimes have such issues.. And other devices are affected by a "Limited Network" or "No internet Access" problem. If the router isn't the problem, then yeah, best to wait for PR 1.3.
Hi..which Nokia Suit you are talking about.. the Beta one? I am trying to update but I can't...it says my phone is up to date.

Hi Folks... I have got a secondary remedy for my issue which I posted under this blog about a WiFi error. My N9 was giving me this error when I try to connect it to my main network router like I have connected my Laptop. So applying a simple logic, that my Laptop works perfectly fine to connect to the main router, I have created a Ad-hoc or WiFi hotspot in my Laptop which is discoverable by other WiFi devices like PC, Laptop and Mobiles.

.... Now my phone is connected to my Laptop network via Ad-Hoc sharing option.. and works much faster as the laptop is much closer than the router.... Now I can patiently wait for PR 1.3 hoping it wil still fix the WiFi and Connectivity bugs..

Still waiting for the soluton on this. I still get the same error while connecting my N9 to my main network router.

" Something's wrong with the network connection"

I am on PR 1.2. No OTA update yet in UAE for PR 1.3.

Help ???