Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Well, Council was aware of it for about half of a year. Initially (~first two weeks), there were good reasons to no make it widely known* (and I know what I'm talking about, as I was one who informed rest of Councilors about this "hidden" release).

But, why it wasn't properly announced later, is beyond me. Well, probably, Council was too occupied by writing two pages of bylaws, during 5 months I bet that - of course - official bullsh|t statement from Council, is going to look something like "we waited for Nokia answer about it for last 5 months, but those bastards never responded".

Well, after all, Councilors had access to it already - why they should care for "little people" here... Say "hi" to great practices of Maemo's Council A.D 2012. Enjoy more from soon-to-be Board.

I knew, that sooner or later, someone will just drop link to TMO. But, as I'm already declared as total opposition of what current Council represent, I didn't wanted to do it - and then, become accused of "sabotaging" Council's efforts / gaining popularity, by publishing highly demanded package (found, in fact, by someone else).

/Estel

// Edit

And yes, I know that I'm gonna get trolled for this post. Oh, well.

*Pinochio doesn't have anything to do with this "release" - he just posted here link, that was floating for quite some time. Original finder was someone not-to-bright, who was afraid to install it on own device, and "spammed" few people on IRC with link to it, and questions, about it being "virus free" (or something like that).

I was one of people that got this link, initially, and I've informed rest of Councilors [I was Councilor, then - everything happened just after last election]. This file was present on some Nokia's internal repo - by mistake, or, on purpose, left with access open to everyone.

in the meantime, Pali, and other knowledgeable folks, mirrored whole gigabytes of data from this repo, and ensured, that there are no similar ones on such domain + if there is anything else interesting, sleeping there. Unfortunately, everything else was already available from other sources - flash 10 was only interesting thing.

As you can see, it was important to keep it secret, initially - Nokians could still shut down the repos, if it would become widely known fact. We waited for guys, that were mirroring it, and searching for other "vaults".

Just a little while later I stepped down from Council. Despite that, few times, I've marked need for announcing it properly - both in private conversations with Councilors, and other people. Unfortunately, to no avail.
I didn't have access to this version of Flash Player until it was leaked here on TMO. Honestly I didn't ask for it to any of the CSSU developers or Councillors that might have a copy, due to lack of time.

For the rest of your post I simply refuse to comment.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
OT:

Estel your arguments would be more convincing if you simply set the record straight on what transpired instead of treating yourself as on some kind of one-man mission against the Council...

Don't you forget that it was primarily due to your actions during CA and its aftermath that Coucil became less respected among the eyes of Community...I see some of those people who genuinely defended you during the CA also turned against you due to your agitations (and I'm not talking about other Council members)...So...

/OT

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Perhaps Nokia pulled the monies they were to pay adobe for licensing flash on the N900 (or however it works in that business). Perhaps adobe decided they did not want to be associated with a company such as Nokia? Who cares why.

I think it is pretty obvious why this was kept quiet for such a long time. This was NEVER meant to be released. NEVER, EVER, EVER meant to be released. So just be thankful that some Nokian who believed in maemo has literally put their whole career on the line just so you can watch facebook videos. This was not uploaded by accident if you catch my drift...

So, while it is quite exciting and we should share it amongst ourselves we should NOT under any circumstance make a big scene or even indeed 'announce' it. The council could see this and I believe they have acted with the maemo community and our mysterious benefactors best interests at heart.

Introducing 'flashClub', where we have flash 10 on n900.

First rule of flashClub is you do not talk about flash club.
The second rule of flashClub is YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT flashClub!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 244 | Thanked: 354 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Well, after all, Councilors had access to it already - why they should care for "little people" here... Say "hi" to great practices of Maemo's Council A.D 2012. Enjoy more from soon-to-be Board.
*sighs* You've really become tedious as ****.

Blocked. Suggest everybody else does likewise.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gregoranderson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
I didn't have access to this version of Flash Player until it was leaked here on TMO. Honestly I didn't ask for it to any of the CSSU developers or Councillors that might have a copy, due to lack of time.

For the rest of your post I simply refuse to comment.
Information about flash 10 was posted on Council's internal mailing list, almost half year ago - I've described all details (including reasons why it wasn't announced), alongside. You're either lying, or just haven't put much attention into reading Council's mailing list, on that period. Judging by my experience from "working" with current Council - I suspect the latter. "Refuse to comment" as much you want

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
OT:

Estel your arguments would be more convincing if you simply <snip>
Thanks from the deepest part of my heart for your good advices. I couldn't imagine, how I would live without it. As you may imagine, convincing you, become major goal in my life. Obviously, you were reason, why I've posted short fact summary, about Council-flash 10 relations.

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post

Introducing 'flashClub', where we have flash 10 on n900.

First rule of flashClub is you do not talk about flash club.
The second rule of flashClub is YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT flashClub!
Thumbs up for sense of humour and irony

It's kinda disheartening, that in reality, it wasn't even looking like that. It was rather about total chaos in Council, where no one though about risk for someone leaving unsecured repository in Nokia, or ways of making it easy to get for "majority of users". It's just that no one cared at all, and topic got kinda forgotten...

/Estel

// Edit

Originally Posted by gregoranderson View Post
*sighs* You've really become tedious as ****.

Blocked. Suggest everybody else does likewise.
Thumbs up on that - if you feel offended, by mentioning, that Council knew about it for half of a year and did nothing of value, then, you should definitely hit this nice "ignore" button. I assure you, that I will still have sound sleep, afterwards

Back on topic about flash 10 now, maybe?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-10-19 at 23:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
So after I thought we've abandoned and stopped watching this thread for 1 year, we have a new "official" flash player? amazing!

By the way, for now all the flash player plugin we had are

10.1r92 ("official" one) 7.22Mb
10.2r157 7.78Mb
10.1r53 6.41Mb
9.0r277 (stock) 6.42Mb

with version unmodified.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hyno111 For This Useful Post:
can someone please guide me, i havent got a clue how to use hexedit.

i search 31302e31 then how do i change the 0 to a 2 exactly?

Originally Posted by crail View Post
can someone please guide me, i havent got a clue how to use hexedit.

i search 31302e31 then how do i change the 0 to a 2 exactly?
Five pages earlier and one and two pages earlier repeated
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=2219

Last edited by pinochio; 2012-11-08 at 10:12.

Would I be pommled into the ground for saying the package + hex doesn't work, quite as expected?

I downloaded the flash10.1 and all was fine for a while. Then, I thought I'd try my luck with iPlayer... so I used User Agent Tool (to make site think I'm a desktop) and the hexedit, suggested (above).
The result
- on the desktop site, nothing plays - same black screen, like when flash version is too low.
- on the bigscreen site, the programme starts to play, then it crashes on caching but the bigscreen radio seems ok.

Anyone else solved this one?
What steps could/should I have done differently?

Last edited by demolition; 2012-11-08 at 23:40. Reason: typo

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Italy

This package is based on adobe flashplayer 10, has been modified by me to be recognized as 11.4, some sites require it (see Facebook).

We can view the video on youtube and facebook or other socialnetwork, view sites written to run in flash. (See website alfaromeo).

We can safely uninstall tweak flash plugin

By Terminal:

Code:
root
apt-get purge tweakflashver
rm /home/user/MyDocs/libflashplayer.so.pr13.tweakflashver
reboot
If you have installed adobe-flashplayer-10-1 (unmodified) ---> Uninstall it <---

Code:
root
apt-get purge adobe-flashplayer-10-1
reboot

Install the package (modded) adobe flashplayer 11-4-94:

1) Download the attached file: http://ubuntuone.com/73F5BaRYyLIWglqhdmDTKK
2) Connect your N900 to your PC (mass storage)
3) Copy the files to the root of the memory to 32GB (MyDocs)
4) Disconnect N900 from your PC
5) Open a terminal and type:

Code:
root
cd /home/user/MyDocs
dpkg -i adobe-flashplayer-11-4-94_armel.deb
reboot

I have found an improvement

/adu

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to adunanzav3x For This Useful Post:

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update