Wow tablet pc refurbished for only 600cnd. Where the heck did you find that?

haha nice, ya like the nokai is nice and small but for almost the same price you can get a refubished tablet pc at 10-12 inches or something (1-2 yrs old?) . So i dunno... but the idea of the nokia fitting in your pocket sounds intreging.

if you bid carefully on ebay the tablets are lurking there. but the average price is around 1000 lets say if these price points are true then US people are looking at least 420 US. For us Canadians that means 500 cnd!! I mean I can just shell an extra 200 or so and get a tablet on ebay which can run windows xp tablet. Just the fact you can't put a tablet in your pocket! The price your paying for is portability and boy deciding between the two will be tough...

we'll see when the price comes out. By then I should decide who to go for.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Savannah, GA
Given the NokiaUSA site has been "temporarily down" for the past couple of hours, perhaps they are updating it with all the new purchase pages we're expecting? I hope this turns out to be the great week I've been anticipating!

:?)

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Looks like you're right: See the front page

call 888-256-2098. they have them in stock, they're shipping them now. 350, free 3rd day fedex plus tax.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Called. They don't ship to Canada. But they're shipping in the US and are out of stock.

I called too and they are indeed out of stock. The representative I spoke to mentioned that they had a number of units available at the beginning of the week. No ETA for new units. Bummer!!

Last edited by nickmar; 2005-11-09 at 16:59.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This border thing is cheesing me off. I got the same form email from Nokia Canada about it. I can understand all of this when it concerns cel phones and the like because of network differences, communications rules, etc, but the 770's the odd one out.

Anyone know if they're selling it in retail outlets? Roadtrip to Buffalo anyone?

Yeah, I put in a phone order that was accepted when they were showing them in stock, but it's now on backorder. There was a delay during their "verification process" (I won't get into that but let's just say they have a very screwed up process for taking orders) during which I assume it went from in-stock to unavailable.

My hope is that the units that they ran out on were either supposed to be available for early sale to developers. Since tommorrow is a week from the Euro launch, I'm hoping their system will be updated then with actual status of available units to sell to the general public. My order is in the system waiting for stock, so hopefully I'll get an email tommorrow saying it shipped.

If for some reason they had a very short supply that was eaten up prior to an offical launch announcement, that's pretty poor product launch preparation. If that's the case, it doesn't bode well for the rest of their marketing strategy. I mean, c'mon, if you sellout before the techies who are eagerly awaiting this thing can even place an order, you've done something very very wrong.

Jeff